Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 23-05-12

I haven't experienced the rattles on a continual basis. All I have experienced !!is shear Sh--- when I drive across any sort of rough surfaces, the NT dash board visually shakes before my eyes !!! Let alone the deafening thudder!!!
Old 24-05-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ris View Post
I haven't experienced the rattles on a continual basis. All I have experienced !!is shear Sh--- when I drive across any sort of rough surfaces, the NT dash board visually shakes before my eyes !!! Let alone the deafening thudder!!!
Ris,

Can't agree more....Last year we had to drive the inland track on Fraser Island, which is just fully corogated, I couldn't believe the movement in the dash
Old 25-05-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpeh View Post
my mmcs rattles...
...but with your road so do your teeth by the time you get aywhere.
Old 25-05-12

We had a rattle in our MN Pajero and had the dashboard removed and put back in place with silicone, still had a rattle, we ended up putting a wedge of plastic between the dash and the winscreen, rattle fixed, hope this helps you.
Old 25-05-12

Unbelievably I chased a rattle in dash area to the extreme and eventually suspected the windscreen glass shifting in its frame. Hard to prove, but when the screen was removed there was plenty of adherent at top, bit sparce on sides, and hardly any at bottom. Proper replacement fixed!
Old 30-05-12

I had rattles throughout the car from new. Most annoying was squeeking where the centre console met the head unit (i.e. in front of the gear lever where it sits in the piece under the cigarette lighter). Dealer removed centre console and slid some foam in between. 2 years later and it still doesn't squeek. Glove box rattled and dealer replaced it - no more problems.

Had squeeks and rattles round the gear shift and that piece of plastic above the glove box. Put some teflon spray on both and squeeks instantly gone and haven't returned (one year since). Drivers door squeeking also fixed with teflon spray. All up cost me $15 for the spray.
Old 31-05-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bro View Post
try de geear stick pastic on top of it is rateling in my just put my tumb over it and it stops so I can listen for other ratels
Mine did the same, I popped it out and put a little drop of super glue under it. The dealer told me they would have to put the whole gear shift assmebly apart and need it for a day. I fixed it in 10 minutes.

I still have an annoying rattle in the middle off the dash around that cover to sort out.

2010 Pajero Activ Auto DiD.Ironbark, ECB Polished Big Tube Bar, IPF HID Driving Lights, HID High Beam Conversion, Dual Batteries, Midnight Express Tinting, Thule Roof Racks, Cargo Barrier, UHF, Brake Controller, Factory Towbar.
Old 05-06-12

I've had the same annoying rattle from new, and cant work it out.. it sounds like it coming from where the passenger side dash air bag is. Im not all that game to go digging in there, so I'll have to live with it. Just turn the music up a little louder, all good.
Old 18-03-14

Default Jackal

G'day Alister, my NT also had a rattle early on which appears for all money to be coming from the dash area. My local Mitsubishi Dealer greased the auto gearstick and that solved the problem. I'm starting to hear noises again--and again they appear to be from the dash area to the left, so will put it into the dealer again to see if the auto stick needs regreasing.

Rattles can drive you nuts, too much plastic in all vehicles today--not just Pajeros. I had a 1990 Troopie for 17 years prior to buying the Pajero, metal everywhere, not a single bloody rattle and plenty of space to hang radios etc; Hope this helps?

Jackal.
Old 18-03-14

Yeah, it's the price of having lots of gadgets.

now GU Patrol