Below Nav Bar

Collapse

NS-NT "Hot Fix Released" (Please Keep us informed of your fix too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hill
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Adelaide

ANother One

Found a small rust stain on the exterior of my rear driver side door and thought I'd investigate further. Found rust stain about 30cm long under the rubber and rust in top right corner exterier.

Also found a small amount of rust on rear passenger door top left corner and front passenger door on top right hand corner.

Pictures taken by Mitsubishi this afternoon.

My feeling is that they will offer to repaint. Rear drivers door is the worst.

Will be interesting to see what they offer.
    200 Series
    AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• hardie
      • Jul 2010
      • Mandurah WA

Was recently told because my car NT 2010 was more than 5 years old the factory warranty didn't apply, no help, very disappointed. I reported it within the first 2 years at the original dealer and they said very minor lets keepan eye on it? Is there anything I can do?

Comment

• dhula
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • South of Perth

Originally posted by hardie View Post
        Was recently told because my car NT 2010 was more than 5 years old the factory warranty didn't apply, no help, very disappointed. I reported it within the first 2 years at the original dealer and they said very minor lets keepan eye on it? Is there anything I can do?
        As you are in Mandurah, try Rockingham Mitsu. They did the righty by us even tho our NT was out of warranty (only by a couple of months tho which may be the difference).
        It went to Rocko car craft for the hot fix (no replacement) and even tho a little bit of stuffing around was had, there is no evidence of the rust returning yet.

Here is what I wrote earlier in the piece -- click here
        Last edited by dhula; 14-05-16, 05:41 PM.
        2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
        2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Juke
          • Jul 2010
          • Mandurah

NT Pajero rust on the top of rear doors.

Hi,
          I have a 2010 NT Pajero that I purchased new. The vehicle is now out of warranty but I have noticed some rust at the top of the rear doors (similar to most other cases). Its not very bad at the moment but I guess it will only get worse over time.
          The vehicle is mostly used on road and has only been on the beach twice, also we had a full rust prevention treatment plus electronic rust proofing fitted soon after purchase.

As the vehicle is now out of warranty Im not getting any joy out of the dealer, which is disappointing as we have always taken the car back to them for services.

Was wondering if anyone has had any rust repaired when their car was out of warranty? (Or past the 5 years)

1/ Model & Date Built..
          January 2010
          2/ where you have the rust.. Top of the rear doors
          3/ Pics, see attached.

Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

• sam.cath
            • Dec 2014
            • Sunshine Coast

Had our 2009 NT doors repaired last year out of warranty.
            Argument is that it is a known manufacturing defect issue that has been acknowledged by MM & hot fix issued for it.
            As such repairs must be honoured regardless of stage of warranty. This is not a warranty issue necessarily but rather an admitted manufacturing defect.
            I ended up getting the state rep from MM to the dealer before they would finally accept that they needed to repair it.

Don't give up!!

Good luck
            2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Fuel Manager secondary fuel filter

Comment

• Juke
              • Jul 2010
              • Mandurah

Spoke to the dealer today, and surprise, surprise they still say they haven't heard of the hot fix from MM even after I told them that another customer had theirs repaired through this dealer at no cost. Anyway the next step is to leave the car with them to look at, take pics and get quotes then they will submit it to MM. So I will see how I go.

Comment

• sam.cath
                • Dec 2014
                • Sunshine Coast

Give them the hot fix number from page 1 of this post.

Don't accept anything other than it being repaired Juke- request MM regional to visit & inspect if necessary. They should do the right thing by you
                2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Fuel Manager secondary fuel filter

Comment

• Hill
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • Adelaide

JUke,

After having all four door tops repaired by MM one of my doors began to rust again.

One door was replaced and the3 other doors were stripped down and repainted,

Persistence pays off.

As Sam says keep banging on that it is a manufacturing fault that is well documented and NOT a warranty item.

Good luck

Hill
                  200 Series
                  AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                    • May 2017
                    • Freo ish

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content