Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-07

Default Mitsubishi DPF Fix SUPPOSED to be available

Hi All,

FWIW, I test drove a VRX DiD auto demonstrator at Temora Mitsubishi last Thursday and the DPF light was on all the time! (Vehicle had travelled only 2500kms). On returning to the dealership I mentioned the light in the display and the dealership owner said "because he mainly drove the vehicle around town to keep the kms down & didn't take it on long trips, it had had several visits to the workshop to be cleaned out" (DPF burnoff done)!

HE ALSO SAID "THAT IT HAD ONLY COME OUT OF THE WORKSHOP THAT MORNING AFTER HAVING HAD THE FIX DONE THAT MITSUBISHI HAD COME UP WITH"! I asked what the FIX was and he couldn't tell me!

He couldn't, however, also explain why the light was still on either.

The vehicle did drive ok (performance wise... up to about 140KPH without any hiccups) except for a very rough ride over small irregularities in the bitumen and it wanted to "track" (pull left or right over uneven surfaces).
I mentioned to the owner that it felt like it had about 60-70 PSI in the tyres (as they put in them to transport) but he didn't have a gauge to check.

All in all, with the harsh ride, the flighty steering (maybe it was because of too much pressure in the tyres) and the overly firm seats that felt like I was sitting ON them instead of IN them, I was thoroughly disappointed as an improvement in my current NP DiD.

Dennis.
Old 06-11-07
SilverFox

Hopperoo, I can tell you for a fact that this is not the 'fix'. In my last post on the NS Diesel Particulate filter I have posted some info.
Basically the technical guys here in Adelaide were still testing a couple of Pagero's as of last Friday.
So what was performed on the Pajero you drove was not the 'fix'

Will keep you all posted when I have some further info on this issue.
Old 07-11-07

Hi guys, just put my SWB paj in for its 1500km service on Monday - my DPF light hasn't come on yet (touch wood) but was told by the service manager that a fix is expected to come out mid november and that we should get letters from MMA in the mail by end of Nov re: bringing the Paj in for the fix.
He said it would be an ECU upgrade and that the upgrade will not only fix DPF issue but also further address diesel knocking and some other performance issues.
Old 08-11-07

Guys,

The thought I had was perhaps Mitsubishi are grasping at straws to come up with a suitable solution and because this vehicle I drove was "still in the family as a demo" they might be trying different modifications to various vehicles to see what the results are.

The other posibility of cause is the owner of the dealership didn't know what his workshop guys were doing, but in a small country town dealership I would have thought he would've been keen to know what the "fix" was, particularly as his demo vehicle was displaying the problem for all to see!

Dennis.
Old 12-11-07
Administrator

Please refer to thread http://140.99.20.180/forum/showthread.php?t=125 regarding DPF fix. Also copy of letter from MMA here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MMAL DPF Letter - Forum.pdf (105.9 KB, 77 views)
Closed Thread