Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 18-01-20

Default MMCS replacement

Hi all

This is my first post so new to forms. I have a 2009 pajero v97 with 3.8 litre v6 petrol imported from Japan. I'm looking at replacing the standard mmcs stereo with aftermarket Android stereo. Does anybody have further information regarding wiring diagrams, compatible canbus interface for Rockford amplifier system? Any help would be helpful
Old 20-01-20
Valued Member

I also have an 09 NT. I replaced mine with a Pioneer Avic F80DAB.

This is or at least was the Flagship of the Pioneer range. It is a magnificent unit and still using the original speakers, it produces fantastic sound. I had planned to replace the speakers as well, but I have found that I dont need to.

Im sure a cheaper pioneer unit would be available with less bells and whistles, but the same basic stereo unit, that sounds equally as good but you would have to check with a shop that sells them.

Anyway, I strongly recommend going down this path.

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 30-01-20

Hi,

Have done the same thing, but on a 2006 jap import. Have a search in this forum, there is a heap of info. You will need an adapter that is expensive. From there it is all pretty straightforward.

I also added a new reversing camera.

Get a quote from an installer and they will tell you whats needed, then order it.

Cheers
Old 30-01-20

Hey Nz_novice,

It's been a little while since I did a similar install but I'll try document what I can. I too have a 2009 Pajero (without Rockford system) and I went with the Kenwood DMX7017BTS as I wanted CarPlay with a decent size screen but really the make/model doesn't matter too much. If it's a known brand, then you'll likely find a plug and play adapter otherwise you may be required to solder the wires yourself.

In my instance, I retained functionality of my steering controls and also installed a reverse camera.

Firstly, you'll need a new facia where I used the Aerpro FP9100. I was then able to use the Aeropro Steering wheel control harness (CHMB6C) and Kenwood to ISO with patch lead (APP9KE2) which was all plug and play. I may have missed something, so please double check with Aerpro if you go down this route.

I purchased the Aerpro adapters from Frankies (https://frankiesautoelectrics.com.au/) but I know they're also available at some JB Hi-Fi stores. Check out the following Aerpro link that has quite a bit of useful information.

https://aerpro.com/vehicles/mitsubis...-nx?src=plugin

Hope this helps a little bit.

Regards,
Brock