Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 10-12-11
Administrator

Default NS-NT "Hot Fix Released" (Please Keep us informed of your fix too)

G'day all we received the "Hot Fix" for the NS-NT rust this morning:

NS Hotline Fix # NS42-004

NT Hotline Fix #NT42-001

*Note: The Hotline Fix has copyright so the document will not be posted on the forum.. Please contact your dealer with the Hot Fix # & go from there.

Dave & I again ask that you keep to fact not speculation on your progress with your vehicle.

Please continue to post the Details of "your vehicle only" as asked in the thread "
NS-NT Rust... "Information Required" HERE

Gus & Dave
Old 10-12-11
Administrator

Default Posts moved from: NS-NT Rust... "Information Required"

1 Day Ago
tim51

NS-NT "Hot Fix Released"
Picked up my three quotes today and dropped them off at the MM Service Dept. As mentioned earlier they vary considerably.

The cheap temporary 6 month fix, where they just prep/treat the rust and paint is $652.

The other two quotes, where the doors are replaced come in at $2892 and $2974, with the last including repairing the rust under the rear door seal $125.

What worries me is, will the new doors have the same problem? Or will we get the new NW doors, that they claim have been modified. I would imagine that MM Japan ,would have quite a few spare NS/NT doors lying around, that are of the same construction, as our old rusty doors.

The Service Dept Manager informed me that the MM Rep will be in town mid December and may want to look at my vehicle. He also mentioned, that it will be up to me to negotiate with the Rep, as to the type of repair undertaken.

Has anybody else had a quote?
OME Deluxe Bar, OME Sports Suspension, LR Aux Tank, MM Tow kit, Spare Tyre Lifter, Nite Stalker Driving Lights, Body Protection Kit, GME TX3340 UHF, Prodigy Brake Controller, Dual Batt & Redarc Isolator, Thule X'bars, Front & Rear Wet Seat neoprene covers, Black Sandgrabber mats. OzHummer's MMCS overide & iPod kit.... So far....
1 Day Ago
The Commodore

tim51, I wouldn't lose sleep over what replacement doors you get as MMAL have already knocked new door quotes on the head!!
It aint gonna happen.
But I do believe there will be an effective fix.

22 Hours Ago
Cams

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commodore
tim51, I wouldn't lose sleep over what replacement doors you get as MMAL have already knocked new door quotes on the head!!
It aint gonna happen.
But I do believe there will be an effective fix.

But then dealers tell you to take the car to any panel shop for quotes, surely MM have not advised all panel shops what the fix is.

MM should be directing people to a place that knows about the fix and quotes not required. I will be arguing this hard when I finally get my advicse, photos have been taken, no word yet.

20 Hours Ago
The Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cams
But then dealers tell you to take the car to any panel shop for quotes, surely MM have not advised all panel shops what the fix is.

MM should be directing people to a place that knows about the fix and quotes not required. I will be arguing this hard when I finally get my advicse, photos have been taken, no word yet.

Cams, it is my understanding that there is no fix yet.

But, fact - MMAL have knocked back a door replacement quote.

15 Hours Ago
tim51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commodore
Cams, it is my understanding that there is no fix yet.

But, fact - MMAL have knocked back a door replacement quote.

Hopefully none of my following comments will breach the Administrators Rules!

If you read my other posts you will note that I said "We will have a fight on our hands to have the problem fixed properly"

The fix is new doors as the rust, according to two of the quotes, is originating from inside the doors and appearing on the outside, only new doors will fix the problem.
These people have been repairing motor vehicles and fixing motor vehicle manufacturing defects for many years, they know what they are talking about.

If there is/was a known fix why was I sent on a wild goose chase, to waste almost two days of my valuable time obtaining these quotes. In hindsight I should have just dropped my vehicle off at my MM Service Depart and let them obtain the quotes at their expense and/or fix it as per the known fix and give me a loan car whilst they had mine.

I will not be making any further comment on this issue until I have an answer from MMAL.
OME Deluxe Bar, OME Sports Suspension, LR Aux Tank, MM Tow kit, Spare Tyre Lifter, Nite Stalker Driving Lights, Body Protection Kit, GME TX3340 UHF, Prodigy Brake Controller, Dual Batt & Redarc Isolator, Thule X'bars, Front & Rear Wet Seat neoprene covers, Black Sandgrabber mats. OzHummer's MMCS overide & iPod kit.... So far....

14 Hours Ago
Pickle
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim51
Hopefully none of my following comments will breach the Administrators Rules!

Post 26 of this thread Tim51. I give you a bit of leeway. Then put a warning out (second one) but you post again.
You guys keep shooting yourselves in the foot
You have buggered it up for the rest of the guys.
Tomorrow the thread will go!
Dave

11 Hours Ago
achjimmy
Valued Member

Maybe MMA have to go way back if they want to get a handle on its cause

2004 NM

Rust in rear door

http://forums.overlander.com.au/view...3928b20b3dda3d

Jim

MY10 Platinum, DiD, Cool Silver, Auto, factory diff lock, rear roof DVD, ARB deluxe colour coded bar, IPF 900XS lights, LR 58lt aux tank, Bilstien's all round, EFS +40mm HD front and rear progressive rate coils, airbags, soft cargo barrier, bushskinz bash plates (3) Pirana diff breathers.

To Come, snorkel, winch , ARB twin motor compressor, dual battery's, Bushskinz Sliders, TPMS, this list never ends!

10 Hours Ago
explorer2203

The 2004 NM accross the road has rust starting at the front top of lhs rear door only. Vehicle has spent 99% of its life in a lock up garage.

Inspected 6 vehicles last weekend at a camp ground at kangaroo valley as follows:

2 x ns - both rusting top rear doors
1 x np - slight rusting both rear doors
3 x nt - all rusting top rear doors

I was contacted by dealer advising they are replacing my left rear door entirely and treating, painting etc right rear door. Waiting to book in. They have ordered the replacement door but don't know if it is an nt or nw replacement and have asked for details on the specifics of the treatment / repair of right hand door.

Separate to the above list...our club has 6 nt's and 4 ns and all showing same signs of corrosion. None have been aware of the issue to date unles they read it on a forum or it was pointed out to them.

2010 NT DID GLS. Dobinson Front / Lovells Rear Springs - 50mm. Dobinson front shocks and Tuff Dogs at rear. Polyairs. ARB Bar. HID 9" spots x 3. 4460 GME. RF10 Tyres. Chip It Tune chip. scanguage II. Dual Batteries. Roof basket. ICOM UHF and GME UHF

3 Hours Ago
rdog

Door rust.
I have rust stains on tops of both rear doors & screws badly rusted it was wet
under the seal, the car has not been wet for about 7 days.
Have had a dealer look at it, photos taken & was sent to a panel shop for a quote, apparently that is the first step in this type of problem.
I would prefer to wait for Mitsubishi to come up with a standard fix to kill the rust properly and have not each dealer do his own thing.
Details.
White NT GL.DID auto
Build November 2008.
59,600 km.
garaged all it life & never been on a beach.
Rust under seams at front & rear of rear side doors & screws badly rusted with
rust scale attached to seal.( same as most of the photos all ready posted ).

The dealer service manager said he did not know about the rust issue on pajeros when i spoke to him on phone to book in car,
when i got there in the afternoon he had found it on this forum and was surprised at its extent.
Makes you wonder why Mitsubishi as not told the dealer network about it.
with 2 spares.
removed the dpf. 2.5 inch Mandrell bent exhaust with
high flow cat converter.
Last edited by rdog; 2 Hours Ago at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-12-11
Valued Member

Without copying the document any chance you can give an outline of what the hotfix is? And is the hotfix only for those with rusty doors or is the fix to stop it happening on good doors also and everyone needs to get it done?
Old 10-12-11

If you want to keep this thread to fact rather than just speculation, I'd just spell out in clear unambiguous english what the hotfix is. Otherwise i predict this thread is just going to be a lot of guessing, pissing and moaning until facts are stated.

And then there will probably be more pissing and moaning....
SOLD - MY2011 NT DiD Pajero GLX. ARB winch bar, Lightforce XGT HID's, Warn 9000lb winch, Factory rear difflock, ARB roofrack with Supa-Peg awning, Bushskinz, Safari snorkel, Lovells springs, Bilstein shocks, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265/70/17.
Time for a D4.
Old 10-12-11
Administrator

Fair enough, in simple terms rust is a variable as such the Hot Fix will include repair or replacement of door/doors so it's in your own interest to take the vehicle to a dealer quote the Hot Fix # so they can arrange the appropriate fix/replacement.

Don't know what some of you guys expect us to say, you all have seen & read some of the posts that have speculated various statements which have all been now shown to be of the mark.. Mitsubishi have been & will fix all those with the issue, they have never said they wouldn't. As administrators we have asked for specific information for a reason, yes we have had words with a few guys who have interfered with Admin decisions, we have not deleted posts that have been negative to Mitsubishi but we have pointed out that some need to calm down speculation does not help any one.

We have now started the 3rd thread on this subject so again I say we aren't trying to cover up or protect Mitsubishi by censoring posts that will not happen on here. All members agreed to rules & accept Administration decisions on joining the forum. If anyone disagrees with us that's fine.. But, wouldn't it be a good idea to do it via PM..
Again if a post is deleted or edited we always give the poster a polite PM with the reason..

Can I say for the sake of all factual comments on this issue, is what will help!

Gus.

Old 10-12-11
Valued Member

Why not close/lock the thread now Gus so no further discussion can be bought into it to disguise facts.

Old 04-02-12
Valued Member

Smile New Doors Fitted!!

Picked up our NT last night after having the two new doors fitted, so rust is all gone!

Very happy with the response from Mitsubishi, the local Dealer and the Paint and Panel workshop they use.

I was rather sceptical to start with that a manufacturer would stand by rust issues to this degree, however I must congratulate the Service Management staff at Paul Wakeling Mitsubishi in Campbelltown for the way in which they handled my case as I am sure other Dealers will also.

Thanks also to the Administrators of this Forum for their patience and advice to members-well done blokes!

I realise this could have been included in another thread however when a car manufacturer stands by their product to this degree I think they deserve recognition and thanks.
Old 04-02-12
Administrator

Good to hear your happy Keith. I'm sure we all appreciate good feedback. Problems like these do pop up for all manufacturers at times but how they are dealt with by the manufacturer is what is paramount.
Mitsubishi told me from the very start that the customer will be looked after,and at no time did I have cause to disbelieve them.
Dave
Old 04-02-12

Hi, I also took mine to the same dealer last week and must agree with you on their service. They saw the rust and organised for it to be repaired in March.
Old 04-02-12
Valued Member

Good to hear. As Pickle said, its how they deal with the issue that was important.
2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.