• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westy1
    • Feb 2018
    • South australia

4wd supacenter

Hello has anyone fitted 4wd supa center draws or just a fridge slider to there paj mine is a nx so i have underfloor storage where 6 and 7 seat store but have been removed.Thanks in a advance.
  • Jasonmc73
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2019
    • Brisbane

No but i'm sure this link is whom was making a cheaper version for Supercentre.

I have one of these ones/ Slides in my trailer, good quality including the slides themselves.

Dunn and Watson carry a massive selection of aluminium fridge slides and accessories manufactured locally and abroad. Shop our wide range of fridge slide.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Two Emms
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2020
      • Mansfield, Vic

Hi Westy,
      I fitted a fridge slide from 4wd supacentre to my nx. It was cheap but works fine. Of course you get what you pay for and it arrived poorly packed and as a result was damaged and wouldn't slide . Only took a couple of taps with a hammer to get it working. Then all I had to do was tighten any loose screws (all of them!) and it was good to go.
      I know this sounds bad but it was half the price of any other slide I could find at the time and was delivered free. Cost me a hundred bucks from memory.
      It has been in for six months or so and works fine. They are actually reasonably well made.

PS. If you need straps to hold down your fridge, get them from Bunnings, they are cheaper than 4wd supacentre.
      2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

I fitted their drawers to my NX (the set for a Prado 150 I think it was ?). They went in fine but I didn't use the wings at all. They just bolt in where the anchors are located for the kids seats and then there are two turnbuckles which attach to the sides just inside the rear door.

The frame under the drawers allows access to the third seat cavity but the drawers are heavy and you need to slide them out to get at your things packed down there. I had no problems with them but they weigh 70kg unloaded and I am towing so I changed to Drifta drawers which are half that weight (but about 5 times the price !).

There's a whole thread about them and pics of my install here.....https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...drawers&page=5
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Two Emms
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2020
          • Mansfield, Vic

That's that bit that stopped me buying the drawers, THEY WEIGH 70 KILOS !!

The plywood boxes i made up instead. and mounted the slide on, probably weigh 15.

That's 55 kilos extra payload available (about 2.5 grandchildren)
          2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• disco stu
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2018
            • Wollongong

70kg-bloody hell!! What justifies such a heavy weight?

Comment

• Turorit
              • Oct 2016
              • Adelaide

A popular choice now is the BCF single drawer with fridge slide & small table/cutting board for $299. Might suit your needs?

Extra 3.5% off using cashrewards, or 8% via vouchers with the suncorp/aami insurance benefits app.

You could make a false floor with a hatch on one side to access your underfloor storage etc
              2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
              --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• Kingbrown
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2012
                • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
                70kg-bloody hell!! What justifies such a heavy weight?
                A sheet of 17mm ply weighs about 30kg.
                A 12mm sheet approx 20kg.
                Add some slides and metalwork and there's your 70kg.
                2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Two Emms
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2020
                  • Mansfield, Vic

Kingbrown you are onto something here that needs emphasising.

A sheet of 12 mm ply weighs 20kg Agreed. I didn't use a full sheet so about my estimate of 15 kg is close (ok probably a bit under). The fridge slide wasn't light though so i may not have saved as much as i reckoned. I did remove the third row seats so some weight savings there. This is only what i did but of course, others will build according to their needs

But, importantly, as you have pointed out in your post, it is very easy to rack the weight up when building drawers etc. 70 kilos is not too hard to achieve. A trap for anyone setting out down the 'home made' path toward rear storage. Not much use building something that stores all your wants and needs if the weight of the empty storage unit overloads the vehicle.

Comment

• gemster
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • Gold Coast

Cube-lok it if you are worried about weight... Designed and assembled the right way, they are a good substitute for ply draws... And way cheaper than store bought items...

Bunnings stocks the system but most Aluminium suppliers has the same system for half the price... plus buy it in 6m lengths... Way cheaper...

Gemster...
                    Last edited by gemster; 27-05-20, 06:03 PM.
                    YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                    And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                    ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Mundy55
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • Gold Coast

If you are intending to do a DIY and want a lighter outcome, you need to use a metal frame, be that aluminium or steel, which will take the vertical and torsional loads, with thinner and lighter ply panelling. I have built 4 rear drawer systems for my various 4wds with the earlier versions all ply and consequently very heavy. The latter versions were with welded,12mm, rectangular, steel tube frame with 9mm horizontal ply and 7mm vertical ply.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X