X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude
    • Sep 2011
    • Victoria Point

When I was an apprentice I went to college with a bloke who drove a HZ kingswood sedan with a v8 diesil, sounded much better than any petrol V8 at the time. That was about 16 years ago.

dude.

Comment

• NTX
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by MSF View Post
      Do want Truck....
      Do NOT want fuel bill...

Yep, remember reading a write up in Overlander a few years back. F250 4wd. They tested both the donks, super urban fuel consumption was something in the order of 22L/100 and 26L/100 respectively. Maybe the duramax has fine tuned the consumption?

Can you imagine super market carparks after driving the shortie though MSF? I curse the bloody things as they occupy 1.5 car spaces.

Worth checking the build quality of the body on these things too, Ive never heard a good remark from anyone that works on them. They don't come close to the Japanese makers.

Matt.
      2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• achjimmy
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2009
        • Blue Mtns

My boss has a silverado and is bringing in a GMC 2500 with 6.6 Duramax.

Was in US last week They want USD$25k for a Duramax motor and box.

The problem with the yank trucks here are the duallys don't fit in our lanes. But worse the ramp over is hopeless with that wheel base. They can't Negoiate the drainage humps on our tracks even with 4&5" lift. Not to mention fit width wise.

Geoff same bloke has a 6litre chev in a patrol, cheap conversion and good on fuel too, tonnes or power.
        Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
        MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
        99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Bundyk
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2012
          • North Nowra

Originally posted by geoff&vi View Post
          Same here, the Duramax has to be driven to believe. I wouldn't touch anything ****** diesel have done, as I know 3 people who have had their vehicles done from them who live in Perth and all have been problems.

I can pick an 08 GU From a mate at work who is moving O/S for $20k with only 130km on the clock and is like new, cos he needs a quick sale. Makes financial sense if I keep it for 10 years.....

Watch this space..

Cheers
          Geoff
          Mmmmmm... Keen to see that if you do it Geoff. Dont forget to add a set of portal axles from Marks 4WD Adaptors as well.
          Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• geoff&vi
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by Bundyk View Post
            Mmmmmm... Keen to see that if you do it Geoff. Dont forget to add a set of portal axles from Marks 4WD Adaptors as well.
            Ahhh bundy, you must be a mind reader. My ultimate list is as follows for the Patrol:
            - 6.6 Duramax with 6sp Allison Auto
            - Full airbag suspension, run from Endless Air system
            - Portal Axles with E Lockers
            - 43% T Case reduction
            - Recaro seats
            - 35" BFG MT's
            - 6 Piston front calipers
            - ARB Deluxe bar & 12,000lb winch
            - Rear Kaymay bar
            - Dual Batts

And that is a start........ Good thing my wife cant see this

Funny thing is, if i manage to get the Patrol for $20k, including doing the rest of this stuff will be approx the same price as a brand new GXL V8 TD Cruiser!!

cheers
            Geoff
            GONE - 2010 VRX DiD Silver
            NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning

Comment

• netwrk
              • Jul 2011
              • Brisbane

I had an F250 for a couple of years. The 7.3 turbo diesel. They are realy good on fuel. On Highay 13 litres/100k suburban driving 16 litres/100. Nothing else could match it for power and economy.

Comment

• billygoat
                • Dec 2010
                • Canberra

Ram in the US have just released the 1/2 ton with the same V6 diesel and 8 speed auto as in the Grand Cherokee.
                There is a good chance Ram may be sold here factory RHD with in the next 2 years

Comment

• Pearcie
                  BushSkinz 4x4
                  • Nov 2007
                  • Wattagans

One of my mates just got one of these new dodge rams with the cummins 6.7L to tow the horse float. Apparently it is really good on fuel, like anything if you use the loud pedal it uses more. Somewhere around 13L/100km or so when taking it easy on the highway.

Cheers
                  Kieron
                  2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
                  Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X