• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sub888
    • Oct 2012
    • Barossa Valley

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
    That's one of the reasons I got it. At under $100 and a $50 for a DC charger, I thought it was a good investment (as I already had the batteries etc). Only got it recently, so its not the season to be giving it a workout (fire restrictions etc). So I cant give you an idea of battery life....yet.

But with two batteries and the DC charger, I'm sure it'll provide all the firewood I need. If I really want to cut stuff, I'll cart the petrol 16".

Only negative I see....It does leak oil. The manual states to empty the res for storage. Nothing an oil absorbent mat wont fix (It lives in an infront camping canvas chainsaw bag). And its not like a petrol saw. Its low speed but high torque so you need to adjust your technique.
    Thanks Shane, I have a petrol chainsaw that is almost 15 years old and would only have had three tanks of juice thru it, thru lack of use all the fuel lines have perishedand probably the carby also. With the little use that my chainsaw gets I think the battery one could be ideal for me.

Got a blow out on the boat trailer on the way home from water skiing yesterday, the ryobi rattle gun is the best thing I have bought for years. Had the wheel of and on our way in record time.
    looks like another trip to bunning's is on the cards.

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by sub888 View Post
      T

Got a blow out on the boat trailer on the way home from water skiing yesterday, the ryobi rattle gun is the best thing I have bought for years.
      That's a bugger. At least it was a tyre and not an axle. I got a $100 bunnings voucher for xmas and have been thinking of the impact driver myself.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

You guys just keep coming up with ways for me to spend money! I am now sure I need a rattle gun
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• GHendo
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Northern NSW

Originally posted by wasarangie View Post
          We used the Stihl and the Baumr-AG to clear this tree. Took around 40 minutes.
          You wouldn't want to tackle removing the tree in this picture unless you knew exactly what you were doing. It had the potential to be a widow-maker. What I'm saying is, don't run down to Bunnings and buy your first chainsaw then tackle something like that first up. It also has the potential to jam your blade easily. It is a good idea to carry a spare blade and chain for your saw as well (or a second saw) because if you get the blade jammed you are stuffed without some means of getting the cut apart a bit - and you can't always count on wedges.

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• grhyso
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2012
            • Perth

Originally posted by maasau View Post
            Why did you choose electric over cheap petrol?
            Like Ozito Garden 37.2cc 406mm Petrol Chainsaw
            I have the smaller Ozito saw, for the money great buy but a fuel line perished within 6 months of buying it and it leaks oil and fuel like a sieve when not in use. I bought it to clear a few trees when we bought our house, now I only have 3 or 4 trees on my block and none are big enough to warrant a chainsaw.
            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X