• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • awill4wd
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2008
    • Pakenham, Melbourne

Shane, I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on the Stone Stomper you have fitted.
    My caravan I'm modifying is now muuuuuch higher than it was previously after fitting the SugarGlider suspension and I think the Stone Stomper could be on my "wish list".
    Regards Andrew.
    2019 MR Triton bog stock at the moment but that will change.

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by awill4wd View Post
      Shane, I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on the Stone Stomper you have fitted.
      My caravan I'm modifying is now muuuuuch higher than it was previously after fitting the SugarGlider suspension and I think the Stone Stomper could be on my "wish list".
      Regards Andrew.
      $600 or so for a stomper V's God only knows how much in wads of cash and inconvenience of replacing a rear window....easy math IMO. That said, I have never used it in real anger yet either so the jury's still out in that regard.

Anyway, it's cherry's been popped

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

I thought I needed some light in the boot.

500mm of 5050 led strip, stuck to 12mm ali flat bar, clear heat shrink over the top of all that. Put an inline switch at the end of the strip http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SP0736.

The strip is sika'd to the boot roof, out of harms way. I pulled the cable through the existing split loom tubing from the battery box and routed it out of harms way. The photo doesn't do it justice. It lights all corners of the boot very well

Thinking I may just do the same for my internal cupboards

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

AND:

Placed an order for the full annex wall kit, so I can totally enclose the area under the main awning. Great for either insect protection or to create a wet weather area. Also a custom front awning, will come out the drawbar side about 2 meters and supported with poles and ropes. Will provide shade on that side of the camper and wet weather protection should I need to access the boot area. Not a cheap exercise

Marquis, love to see some detail on your xtrk
          Last edited by sharkcaver; 06-11-12, 12:04 AM.

My Journeys

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Cairns

Looking good Shane, well done!
            Dan.
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Teaser pic's. New canvas arrived on Thursday, just in time for a weekend jaunt.

Very happy. The custom front awning is just superb too.

Report to follow:

My Journeys

Comment

• Nab
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Perth

Looks very fancy indeed!
                SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Ranger J
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Perth, Western Australia

The ulti is looking very flash Shane.

What sort of mileage are you getting out of the Paj when towing the Ulti?
                  NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

When I went to lake king, around 13.5Km/100 at legal hwy speed. Couldn't tell this time round cause I got a short fill last time I refuelled (by about 10L I reckon) and I have roofracks fitted to the ulti now, Also had a bike up there.

My Journeys

Comment

• marquis
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Newcastle

Get about the following with my setup (went round Aus in July/Aug this year)
                      4th - 90kph - 12L / 100km
                      4th - 100kph - 13L / 100km
                      5th - 110kph - 13.5L / 100km
                      5th - 130kph - 16.5L / 100km

I just run a upright fridge so I can have ice and the evakool rf60 in the pajero.
                      --
                      Marquis
                      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Well, spent most of yesterday fixing Ultimate's dodgy roof track mount. 37 degrees, no cloud and hot as hell.

I noticed last trip, 2 rivets on the track had pulled. So after a bit of research and ginning around cause I couldn't find peel rivets in Perth, I got some from the UK

Repair in progress....

Anyway, now that's repaired I feel a bit more confident in tackling this.....

My Journeys

Comment

• my.paj
                          • Dec 2010
                          • Tullamarine

I hope it lasts forever, what is the small white pipe on the left in pic 4.
                          Rick
                          Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                          New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Supposedly blows the dust from settling on the stairs.....One of their Achilles heel's.....

My Journeys

Comment

• my.paj
                              • Dec 2010
                              • Tullamarine

Hmm thought that but I dont think one pipe would be enough to stop all the dust, reminds me of the spoiler on the back of the old station wagons to keep the back window clean.
                              Rick
                              Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                              New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• Nab
                                Valued Member
                                • Mar 2012
                                • Perth

After the saga of trying to find the peel rivets I want to see some action shots haha!
                                SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                                NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X