• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eddy
    • Jul 2008
    • Warrnambool, VIC

Air Filter on the Ole Pajero???

I have a Turbo Diesel LWB Pajero, and i was wondering if i could replace the existing air filter, which is a big cannister thing that says it is non-disposable with a pod filter???

I don't know a lot about cars, but i think the problem with my car is the air filter...

She smokes like crazy, is currently chewing through the juice (!3L per 100K, when it used to be about 11). I have a new oil filter ready to go in and some good quality oil ready, but i just want to know if the pod filter will work and whether there is anything else i could try to boost power and economy...

Thanks, Ed
  • Campo
    • Jun 2007

[QUOTE=Eddy;24687 is anything else i could try to boost power and economy... [/QUOTE]

You're opening up a tin of worms here Eddy!

Would need a lot more info on the car and the driver before giving any detailed advice. I drive an NL ITD so I am not familiar with your model Paj.

Changing a blocked Air filter will reduce smoke,often the black variety, and increase fuel economy.

I don't know what the pod variety is but if you do a search, I'm sure I've read something about K&N?? filters recently for turbo diesels.

How to increase power and economy, Where do you start?

Haven't provided many answers have I!

Cheers
    Paul

Comment

• mattza13
      • Apr 2008
      • North Brisbane

ive recently replaced my air filder on my 88 paj with a pod filter, unsure of brand, just a cheapie i think, and sounded alot better, it made a bit of a difference with the smoke, and i have recently been getting better economy, 12L/ 100km (a swb tho)

i would recomend it, unless your going offroad, if you are u will need to replace them monthly or somthing lol

cheers matt
      88Swb TD Paj- a few lil extras
      goto http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/ind...arbu&user=9775

Comment

• dolphin
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008

EDDY, separate the 2 halves of the aircleaner cannister and remove the old cleaner and replace with a new one. theres nothing wrong with the cannister type filter housings but the filter is the important piece that needs to be very clean and clear for good air flow.
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• hey_louis
          • Jan 2009
          • LIsmore, NSW

Yeah Dolphin's right, just replace/Clean the standard air filter. Factory set up is just fine. An air filter is a vital and some times over looked bit of gear. With out proper filltration your just going to cause a whole mess of problems!

Comment

• bro
            • Dec 2007
            • sydney

how often

how often i have to change filter and where do I buy it ?

Been to glow worm tunel it was wery dusty road i think there is a ot of dust in filter now
            Pajero NT Activ
            Wish List:The lot

Comment

• ziggy
              • Feb 2008

Air filter type depends if it is an Aussie or import

Import has a big oval shaped one , Aussie a long cylindrical one
              Import one is a little hard to find,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...