Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Surging brakes and vibration

Hi

My 2010 Pajero have some kind of trouble with the braked but I cant find out what.

If I'm driving slowly I can feel the brakes pumping like it's braking and than letting go a little than braking again, and I'm holding the pedal steady.
If I'm driving with more speed it vibrates and it feels like it's coming from the back of the car, but the whole car shakes when I'm breaking.
The more I break in speed the worse it gets.

I changed out the disks and pads in the back but no help.
I thought it could be some bushings but since its at slow speed is almost surging I don't think so.

Any ideas?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Do you have all the brake clips and shims on your brake pads?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I think so, I changed the pads my self, and did only put on what was there from before when I changed it, but the problem was there from before I changed it so could have been something missing already.

Any drawing on what should have been there I could look at?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

It's not your anti slip control activating is it? I currently have a big problem with my ASC which activates for no apparent reason. This all started after I had the battery replaced.
Perhaps turn off ASC by pressing the button left side lower dash below the steering wheel and see if it stops.
I have yet to find anyone who can reset mine for me, even Mitsubishi themselves couldn't do anything with it so now I have to switch off ASC everytime I drive - ridiculous situation.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacer View Post
It's not your anti slip control activating is it? I currently have a big problem with my ASC which activates for no apparent reason. This all started after I had the battery replaced.
Perhaps turn off ASC by pressing the button left side lower dash below the steering wheel and see if it stops.
I have yet to find anyone who can reset mine for me, even Mitsubishi themselves couldn't do anything with it so now I have to switch off ASC everytime I drive - ridiculous situation.
I know this might seen strange..try another different brand of cranking battery and see what occurs..
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi. Iíve got the exact same problem. Thereís another thread on this (canít find it now) and one of the suggestions was uneven build up of glazing on the disc from gentle braking. One suggestion was to burn that off with some repeated 2/3 applications of heavy braking at higher speeds. Iím going to give it a shot this weekend actually.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Bizarre, I put this down to warped front discs, not sure now that you all seem to have this issue. Will be watching this.

Dave_W
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacho View Post
Hi. Iíve got the exact same problem. Thereís another thread on this (canít find it now) and one of the suggestions was uneven build up of glazing on the disc from gentle braking. One suggestion was to burn that off with some repeated 2/3 applications of heavy braking at higher speeds. Iím going to give it a shot this weekend actually.
You're probably talking about the thread I started ...

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=65020

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Correct! Thank you sir!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Unsure, but a couple of thoughts:
- have you flushed & bled the brake fluid?
- have you checked the wheel bearings?
- are the wheels & tyres in good condition & balanced recently, with even wear & same tyres all round?