Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Mechanical

Mechanical Discussion of mechanical matters

Old 18-05-19
Valued Member

Decided to give my valves a check and adjust along with replacing the injector seals, fuel pipe seals, rocker cover gasket and oil cap seal. Had a small seep of oil from one of the injector seals so though why not and do the lot. Whilst I was there replaced top chain guide and timing chain tensioner. Part numbers below for 2008 NS purchased from Partsouq.com

Injector oil seals 4.........MN158385
Fuel pipe seal 4.........1052A099
Rocker cover gasket.......ME192209
Oil cap seal ...........MD103148
Timing chain tensioner..........1141A045
Timing chain tensioner seal..........ME193622
Upper chain guide.............1140A026

So my NS had slight diesel clatter hence why doing this work. Paj has 240000kms. The upper chain guide had marks on it, probably 1 mm deep and end of timing chain tensioner looked pretty much ok. Vehicle now quieter with no clatter anymore. Some of the valve were a bit loose.

Couple of tip, hints below

I removed the plastic fan to get better access to the crank bolt to turn the moter, fan only has 4 bolts and easy once the upper fan shroud is taken off.
To clarify the crank is clockwise turns the cams anti clockwise.
I used straight feeler gauges but think an offset set would make it easier.

On a side note, after fitting my Paj with the resistor mod around 2 years ago for the EGR when I took off the intake and EGR it was clean as...........so happy with that.

Apart from that its all mentioned in this post. Big thanks to Goodsy and all who contributed in this thread.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Any know how to view the images?

Have add:
ARB bulbar, Runva 11XP, Redarc Tow Pro, Milford Cargo Barrier, Bushskinz bash plates(intercooler, sump, gearbox and transfer case), Bushskinz rocksliders/sidesteps, two pairs of cross bar roof racks,
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdboat View Post
Any know how to view the images?
I complained about the images the other day on another page. Seems Photobucket washes them out after a while and also breaks the link.

I use imgbb.com but when you post you have to select Bulletin Board for the code to work here and delete the [img] and [/img] at the start and end otherwise it has these either side of the image. I'll contact one of the admins and suggest people use that instead.