• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordriver1
    • Aug 2011
    • adelaide

new wheels (big ones)

hi guys-
    no doubt will get flamed, but i bought some 22's for the nm exceed.

i was up for new tyres, and these were on a super special from ozzy tyres.

the car is a mobile billboard for my tiling business, and i wanted it to stand out.

its about to get signwritten all over too.

i dont go offroad, except gravel roads where necessary, so dont need mudslinger super sandthrower grand canyon tread depth rock grabber tyres.

i actually bought the car to fit 7 people (3 kids plus friends) and to have a heavier tow vehicle for the caravan.

so although most will probably ask 'why?', here it is, and i love it- it certainly turns heads:

• MSF
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2009
    • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Horses for courses mate.
    As long as you are happy with it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...

The only time I get upset is when people do 'different' things and then wonder why it doesn't do the things it should..

For example - if you decide to go Rock crawling and then come back and complain that 3 tyres were destroyed and it wouldn't climb the rocks like it used to... - otherwise, it's your money, your car and your justifications...

Comment

• Goodsy
      Who ya gunna call....
      • Dec 2010
      • Hervey Bay

Looks pretty cool. What profile are the tyres?
      No my cup of tea but as long as your happy with them that's all that matters.
      .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
      NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Nik
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2010
        • Perth

Not bad ... but needs lowering and tints if you're going to pimp it properly
        2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

• ARGS
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2012
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by nik View Post
          not bad ... But needs lowering and tints if you're going to pimp it properly
          +1

mirror tint
          1995 GLS 3.5, optioned to the shhizam with just couple of mods

Comment

• fordriver1
            • Aug 2011
            • adelaide

265 35 22.

not going to lower tho...

Comment

• mrbitchi
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Brisbane

Once you get the sign writing done it should look schmick
              Cheers, John.
              LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
              Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2012
                • Maitland, NSW

Looks schweet!
                Kinda reminds me of one of those 4wd's/SUV's they use in the rap videos haha
                97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Scoteye
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • Armidale, NSW

I'm not sure if your getting the turning of heads for the right reasons. But as long as you like it
                  03 NP GLX 3.5 // 5 Speed Sports Auto - ECB 76mm Nudge Bar, Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventures, Towbar, Brake Controller, Rino track system, Ebay Basket, Narva 100w Compacts
                  SOLD: 91 NH GLX: NH/NL Grey GLS upgrade, P/windows, 31's, B/Bar, racks, hella's.

Comment

• fordriver1
                    • Aug 2011
                    • adelaide

yeah i am, just not from old guys with big beer guts, beards, tanktops, stubbies and thongs with a vic bitter in there hands saying: 'tsk, tsk'.

your not one of them are you?

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

I'm not sure if your getting the turning of heads for the right reasons
                      Yeah, I am
                      If you think so.......It just looks like an old paj with bling wheels to me....doesn't turn my head neither....but whatever floats your boat. Sorry if I pop your balloon
                      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• ssuterus
                        • Jan 2012
                        • Lake Macquarie

Even if it doesn't float their boat, people are going to look either way and at least that is half way to reading your sign writing for the business!
                        Personally, i like the look and i am over 35
                        08 NS VRX DiD

Comment

• fordriver1
                          • Aug 2011
                          • adelaide

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                          If you think so.......It just looks like an old paj with bling wheels to me....doesn't turn my head neither....but whatever floats your boat. Sorry if I pop your balloon
                          does yours look like an old pajero too? except without nice wheels? whats your point?

Comment

• fordriver1
                            • Aug 2011
                            • adelaide

i am too- hit 40 last year....

thanks for constructive replies all yous who did.

this car is pretty much only a tool for me. gets me to work, tows my trailer, advertises my business (soon). gets my mind off work at lunch times with a decent dvd system in it.
                            gets my family comfortably accross country to whatever caravan site we chose.

i dont go offroad for fun- if i want fun i find a nice quiet windy country road in my 500kw ford xr6 turbo and overtake sport bikes. or if i cant find a quiet one than a track day will do. or a drag strip for an 11 sec run.

as i said in the opening post, i dont expect to get many (if any) lovers of it on here, but its a pajero with something different, so i reckon belongs on here?

if not then mods can delete the thread. either way my balloon will not be 'popped'.

Comment

• Herman4x4
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • Melton, Victoria

To me it looks good. I take each vehicle as it comes, and for what it has been modified for. I could go a set of these as my daily wheels to cruise up and down the freeway to work each day. Would need the second set to use to play with, but looks good. Agree tinted windows would set it off nicely.
                              Cheers,
                              Andrew.
                              Cheers,
                              Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                              Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X