• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig-
    • Dec 2011
    • Adelaide

2.5TDI Replace 2.6 Carb

Hello, sorry if this is a repost.. but i have specific questions

i have an 86 pajero. put a hole in the block, devo.. anyways i have a 2.5 TDI out of an pre 91 pajero.

Im going to get the engine, gearbox and transfer case. will the be a case of straight bolt into my car? what will need custom work? (appart from computers and fuel tanks and pumps and that) im talking about engine/gearbox mounts and front and rear tailshafts?

Thanx
    Craig
  • Craig-
    • Dec 2011
    • Adelaide

Its ohk guys ill attempt it and let use know then.. thanx

Comment

• cruisn06
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2011
      • Perth WA

if the diesel is a the age you state it will bolt right up to the 5 tranny, engine mounts I am not sure of though, double check that before you start. the 2.5 has the same mounts as the v6 petrol. as I just did a 3l petrol to diesel swap
      07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

• Craig-
        • Dec 2011
        • Adelaide

I have had a look at the mounts in my 2.6 and the 2.5 diesel and they seem identical... i will get some measurments next time... but they look so similar

Comment

• oyamum
          • Aug 2010
          • Ballan, vic

hay mate im in the middle of doing this swap on my na swb and engine mounts are no probs alternator wiring is on the other side starter motor wiring is the same, im using a super select box so im not sure about the box but as said before im pretty sure petrol and diesel box is the same so just use your current box, there is no computers or anything on either engines so hook up the fuel cut off solenoid to either a simple on/off switch or you could use your old coil wire to power it, and you will need to either wire up the glow plug timer set up or as im doing just hook it up to a simple push button on the dash you will have to hold it down for say 10sec.... good luck mate

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X