Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 31-08-19

Default KONWEI KW903 ELM327 WiFi BT OBDII

deleted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KONWEI.JPG (53.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by dreamerman; 31-08-19 at 11:36 AM.
Old 31-08-19

Did a quick Google search, read in the species that this won't work for a diesel.
Did I read that right?
Old 31-08-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by farcanal View Post
Did a quick Google search, read in the species that this won't work for a diesel. Did I read that right?
You might be right but I do not think so. Would have thought it will work so long as it supports relevant ISO protocols. Come on even my cheap no-brand ELM327 connects ok. Reason I deleted my post as there are already several posts here about KW903.
Old 31-08-19

I bought one of these because people were recommending them on here and it didn't work. Tried a couple of different ones off fleabay and no go on all of them. Ended up with a dongle from RTM(Road Tech Marine). Tried it in the car before buying, works perfectly.
https://www.roadtechmarine.com.au/ob...ology/p/PP2145
Cheers, Mike.
My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!
Old 01-09-19

I just bought one KW903 anyways for $15 delivered. Just wanted to try the WIFI. My cheapie ELM327 already works so no dramas.
Old 10-09-19

Just received my Konwei yesterday. I thought it came with BT as well as WIFI but it is obvious I did not read the item listing carefully. I thought I read somewhere that BT consumes less power whether active or standby compared to WIFI, can anyone more tech inclined confirm?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
Just received my Konwei yesterday. I thought it came with BT as well as WIFI but it is obvious I did not read the item listing carefully. I thought I read somewhere that BT consumes less power whether active or standby compared to WIFI, can anyone more tech inclined confirm?
The stuff I've read says that bluetooth consumes a lot less power, about 3 - 5% of wifi power. Bluetooth only transmits about 10 m where wifi goes a lot further. A typical Bluetooth device in one test used 2 mw whereas the same devive using wifi consumes 80 mw. They are only very small figures compared to car accessories like uhf radios or headlights. That saying, if they draw power when the car is turned off, I'd unplug them from the obd port if the car was going to sit around for more than a week.

Here's an article I found by an engineer https://itstillworks.com/bluetooth-v...ion-17630.html