Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 20-04-17
Valued Member

I think the 200 series has a manual dpf burn with a cabin operated switch. I imagine good when your on a highway know your likely to be in stop start for the forseeable future.

does the new pajero have this feature?
Old 20-04-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
I think the 200 series has a manual dpf burn with a cabin operated switch. I imagine good when your on a highway know your likely to be in stop start for the forseeable future.

does the new pajero have this feature?
The 200 has the manual switch as a driver operated option if the automatic sequence fails to complete because of issues like speed not high enough, too much stop / start etc etc

Unfortunately I don't know of any other vehicle that has this option , I wish other makers would adopt it though. The only way you could initiate a DPF regen on the Pajero would be to use a MUT 3. I bought an eBay one for exactly this reason, although I hope never to need it.
Old 20-04-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merts View Post

Can anyone with a MY17 NX advise where the DPF is located?
If it's the same set up as the UK and from what I hear it is as it's Euro 5 compliant etc, it's under the passengers seat area. As you say quite a way downstream for the exhaust manifold. From what you say about the location of the Triton DPF being in the engine bay, that's about the same location as my wife's MK7 VW Golf Tdi which I think is the better location, but having said that in the last three years I've never had a problem.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta1898 View Post
We've had DPFs here since 2007 and unless you spend your life driving around the town and never go out on the open roads you shouldn't have a problem.

I've had my bus 3 years now and monitor all the DPF burns via Torque app and obd2 reader and not had any problems. Personally I would recommend buying an obd2 reader and torque app so you can check the car does its regens when it should, mine averages about 350-400 miles between DPF regens, but having said this thousands if not hundreds of thousands or even millions of car drivers with DPFs don't do this as they don't even know they exist !! If you do drive around town all the time then about once a week or maybe two weeks you will need to take the car on an open road for 30 minutes to allow the car to carry out a regen of the DPF, my regens last 5 minutes but the engine does need to be at about normal operating temperature. The price of DPFs here have fallen significantly as after market makers have started making them so buy the time you need to replace hopefully your aftermarket exhaust manufactures will have started making them.

In an ideal world I'd rather not have the DPF, more complex to me means more problems eventually, but as I said on a previous thread just be glad you've only got one the LC200 has two, being a V engine.

HHow do you monitor the regen through the app?
I've only seen cat temperature readings?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I have my Ultragauge alarmed for when the Cat temp reaches 600. This lets me know when a regen is taking place.

The Cat temp works well and monitors EGT well. Better than drilling and tapping for a separate EGT sensor, where to mount gauge etc etc and for the sake of a couple of degrees is plenty good enough for me.

Note that the UG shows 650 to 680 during a regen and has hit 700 a couple of times but this is rare.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
HHow do you monitor the regen through the app?
I've only seen cat temperature readings?
Just been discussing that the other day...
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...217#post616217
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
Old 4 Weeks Ago

My NX has done 61k, Lots of highway mileage but also city use too.

No issues so far.

I reckon my biggest gripe would be the fact that it "GETS IN THE WAY" if i wanted to put a bigger free flowing exhast in and tune it one day.

Also compounded by the illegality of deleting...

Location wise i think its right next to the transfer case??? Cant remember...
2017 NX Pajero Exceed with:TJM AIRTEK snorkel, HPD oil catch can, KAON i/c and sump bash plates, BushSkinz Elite transmission and transfer case plates, Boo's rear bumper plate. Stock NW 17" rims with Cooper ST MAXX @ 265/70r17

Wish list: smart Bar or ARB B/B with Carbon 12k winch, +50mm suspension, Eatons front e locker,

Gone: 2004 NP PAJERO EXCEED with 3.8L petrol and 290,000ks of memories
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKaptin View Post
My NX has done 61k, Lots of highway mileage but also city use too.

No issues so far.

I reckon my biggest gripe would be the fact that it "GETS IN THE WAY" if i wanted to put a bigger free flowing exhast in and tune it one day.

Also compounded by the illegality of deleting...

Location wise i think its right next to the transfer case??? Cant remember...
I second the above after 51,000 no issues, just an annoyance that I cant remove it legally.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by psproule View Post
It entirely depends on how Mitsu have set this up. It's worth noting that the early NT that still had a DPF did not have issues. Every chance that the tech has matured now. Catch can and SPV mods have nothing to do with this either.
I dont agree that a catch can has no impact on the dpf, every bit of oil that is not burnt in the combustion chamber will extend dpf life.

I catch about 150ml of oil in my provent catch can every 7500klm

Also mm appears to have the current dpf pretty well sorted, 35,000 and not an issue nor am i yet to hear of one with the nx pajero's. My brother-in-law is a mm mechanic and has said they see very few issues or pajeros that need a regen activated when doing services

Good luck, I wouldn't be too concerned but I do miss the 1lt/100 better ecconomy from my pre dpf nt.

Last edited by markc; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:00 AM.