Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 6 Days Ago

Default Pedders Suspension for Pajero

I have just replaced the front struts on my NT Pajero as the valves in the Pedders shock absorbers had collapsed and were rattling around inside after just 500000km of service in the car all of which have been on sealed roads. The factory struts lasted 1560000km before needing replacing.

The Pajero is fitted with a Pedders 2 inch lift kit (Springs and struts). The units are outside of the 2 year 40000km warranty period but I am extremely disappointed with the time that they have lasted.

Have any other Pajero owners had any experience with these units and what is your opinion on these units?

The local Franchisee has refused warranty under fit for purpose. Do you think that a direct approach to Pedders head office would yield any better results?
Old 6 Days Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
I have just replaced the front struts on my NT Pajero as the valves in the Pedders shock absorbers had collapsed and were rattling around inside after just 500000km of service in the car all of which have been on sealed roads. The factory struts lasted 1560000km before needing replacing.

The Pajero is fitted with a Pedders 2 inch lift kit (Springs and struts). The units are outside of the 2 year 40000km warranty period but I am extremely disappointed with the time that they have lasted.
I doubt that you are the only one.

Quote:
Have any other Pajero owners had any experience with these units and what is your opinion on these units?
No experience with these units. Notwithstanding my complete lack of experience with these shock absorbers, my opinion is very low - based purely on the label plastered to the outside.

Quote:
The local Franchisee has refused warranty.
No significant surprises there.

Quote:
Do you think that a direct approach to Pedders head office would yield any better results?
No, I do not think a direct approach would yield any better results, but that is no excuse for not trying.

You have rights under Australian Consumer Law. Whether or not you intend to push this issue to the full extent of the law, you cannot stop with the inadequate response from a franchisee. You must try head office, document their response, then decide if you wish to pursue it any further.

Australian Consumer Law now includes clauses related to reasonable expectation. If the factory suspension lasted 150k km you have a right to expect a major name brand system to last at least as long, regardless of the "warranty" that is offered. I'd say you have an excellent case for compensation, and I expect you will receive opposition every step of the way.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Hi Patriot,
You have one too many zeros on you kms.
Manufacturers warranty is just that, you might be lucky to get replacements free of charge. Don't feel too bad the premium Bilstein struts and shocker only have 12months or 20,000km warranty which is first!

If you are going to change brands of struts and shockers I suggest you look at OzTec, 3 year/ 100,000 km warranty at a modest price compared to the other big name aftermarket struts and dampeners.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/gear/sus...s-product-test

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Have a go at Pedders Head Office - mention the ACL rights - if no joy, say that you are going to Ch 7 Today Tonight to get them to investigate & put it to air - nothing to lose.
Old 6 Days Ago

I e had Pedders springs and foam filled Trak Ryder shocks for 70K kms and two years including a lot of long rough tracks. No problems.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 2 Days Ago

Thanks for the replies. I will take it up with Pedders direct and let you all kow if I have anysuccess.
Old 1 Day Ago
Valued Member

You mentioned that you were disappointed in the Peddars as they did not last as long as the OEM shocks, the is the ACL line you could persue if you want to go that line.
Send a email to Peddars Head Office and tell them with documented proof of why you are unhappy with their product and see what their reaction is.
They will either respond or ignore...if they ignore you, then ramp it up.
Then there is the way of doing a review in the "Product Review" site, where you can, with documented proof say the "good and bad" of a product without the threat of legal reprisal.
Then move on, get another brand of shock for your Paj.
Good luck..
Old 20 Hours Ago
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

My NS Shorty is 10+ years old and has a Bilstein legs and trakryder spring combination since it was 2 months old.

I have had 2 x Bilstein leak and cracked a spring but cannot complain about the ride quality and feel from a shorty perspective.

When I added an LRA tank I added polyairs to help level out the load

Car has 220k on it and minimum of 50K in outback touring
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/