• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ihavenoimagination
    • May 2018
    • Sydney

head unit replacement with rooftop dvd

Hi All, I have a newbie question. Searched the threads and can't seem to find the answer to this but does anyone know whether the rooftop DVD player will work if I replace the head unit with an aftermarket unit in my 2011 NT RX?

I was looking to swap in the sony xav ah100 and take out the non mmsc (non rockford I think?) unit.
  • Pajero12
    • Dec 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ihavenoimagination View Post
    Hi All, I have a newbie question. Searched the threads and can't seem to find the answer to this but does anyone know whether the rooftop DVD player will work if I replace the head unit with an aftermarket unit in my 2011 NT RX?

I was looking to swap in the sony xav ah100 and take out the non mmsc (non rockford I think?) unit.
    Check out the wiring for it, you can use this site.

I’d visually inspect the wiring before I made a decision. There are universal converters which take your specific loom to universal so your new unit should plug straight in. However in saying that, the video for the remote screen may be in a different loom. Better to plug and play, it’s easier and neater but there is a fair amount of room to work behind the centre dash in the Pajero
    NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
    MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• grpcbr
      • Aug 2007
      • Adelaide

Roof mount DVD

Originally posted by Ihavenoimagination View Post

Evening. Just had the MMCS replaced with a Kenwood (9017DABS) unit recently. The roof mounted DVD still functions, just that it is more a stand alone unit now and operates independant from the head unit, which is fine in my situation.

Cheers

Comment

• Ihavenoimagination
        • May 2018
        • Sydney

Excellent, thanks for the info guys. I am going to go for it.

Edit: can confirm that the DVD player works fine as do the steering controls. Thanks for the answers given. Great success! [borat voice]
        Last edited by Ihavenoimagination; 18-05-18, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Bim05
          • Dec 2017
          • Qld

I hope I'm replying to the right forum here - newbie at work.

I've been trying to fit the Kenwood DMX8018s to my 2011 Paj VR-X without MMCS but it does have Rockford. Aeropro does have all the bits needed, but not necessarily 100% Plug 'n Play as I'm finding out. I've had great pricing, service & delivery from Albert at Autosuperstore BTW.

Is there anyone on the forum that can provide the pin outs on the Pajero radio in-dash 20pin & 18pin connectors with wire colours? I've spent hours in these forums and elsewhere but I cannot identify the Remote Amp turn on wire or the VSS wire in the Pajero connectors.

I had everything connected up per instructions but no sound - seems that the Plug 'n Play harness CHMB4C does not or cannot turn on the Rockford amp. Aeropro has advised to locate the Remote Turn on wire behind the dash and wire that separately to a 12v accessory feed to turn on the amp, hence trying to figure out which wire that is. (don't want to run a remote turn on wire from the amp in the rear of the car)

Would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Sorry for the long post - there's plenty of good helpful info within these forums but can't find what I need to complete the transplant of the factory system.
          There's no bad beer - it's just that some are better than others

2011 Pajero VR-X 3.2L Diesel, IronMan4x4 Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Polyair bags, Illuminator 9" Spotties, Full ARB Bar, Roo Systems ECU Mapping

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X