• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Backpaje
    • Oct 2014
    • Blackburn Vic

Ecu remap

Just curious if anyone has had their ecu remapped and how they find it.
    I'm opting to get a remap from The Horsepower Factory in Dandenong with claims of approximately 25% increase in Nm and Kw. This is merely to utilise when towing as i find general driving is fine given the mods i currently have, but towing and i get only about 350 to 400ks per tank with a 1.6t van
    Standard driving varies anywhere from 500 to 750ks a tank subject to conditions.
    Aim is less pedal, less consumption when towing.

Look forward to others views
    Backpaje
    2007 VRX DID Auto Champagne; MM Bull bar; 100w HID Spotties; SPV Mod; Cooper ST Maxx 265/65/18's; Prodigy P2 controller; full roof racks; diff and trans breathers. B&L S/D lift kit; polyairs; internal LED's; Bushskinz X4 bash plates; dual battery kit; waeco cfx 40; Auto valve kit upgrade
    Lots to come in time ;
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by Backpaje View Post
    Just curious if anyone has had their ecu remapped and how they find it.
    I'm opting to get a remap from The Horsepower Factory in Dandenong with claims of approximately 25% increase in Nm and Kw. This is merely to utilise when towing as i find general driving is fine given the mods i currently have, but towing and i get only about 350 to 400ks per tank with a 1.6t van
    Standard driving varies anywhere from 500 to 750ks a tank subject to conditions.
    Aim is less pedal, less consumption when towing.

Look forward to others views
    Backpaje
    From personel experience a ECU remap is the best thing that one can do to their vehicle ... did ours since new ..
    Can't wait to hear your results. .
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Brisbane

I'm guessing from your fuel consumption figures that you've got the 3.8 petrol.

I have had the ecu remapped on my NP DiD and have seen an improvement in economy to match the reduced throttle input. Improved about 0.5-1L/100km.
      2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

• Backpaje
        • Oct 2014
        • Blackburn Vic

No surprisingly its the 3.2 DID.......
        I thought diesels were economical -not this one.
        No sign of fuel leaks, no smoke white or black, no dpf egr closed all should be great.
        2007 VRX DID Auto Champagne; MM Bull bar; 100w HID Spotties; SPV Mod; Cooper ST Maxx 265/65/18's; Prodigy P2 controller; full roof racks; diff and trans breathers. B&L S/D lift kit; polyairs; internal LED's; Bushskinz X4 bash plates; dual battery kit; waeco cfx 40; Auto valve kit upgrade
        Lots to come in time ;

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2013
          • Brisbane

I was getting 850-930 km from a tank driving freeways. 700km with 1.4t of boat and dual axel trailer.

It would be good to understand why your car is so thirsty before spending a fair chunk of cash chasing economy.
          2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

• GOSSAMER
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2008
            • doncaster east vic

Originally posted by Backpaje View Post
            No surprisingly its the 3.2 DID.......
            I thought diesels were economical -not this one.
            No sign of fuel leaks, no smoke white or black, no dpf egr closed all should be great.
            Have you had the manifold checked/cleaned? made a big difference to mine.
            Have you got a 3" exhaust? You would get most benefit from a ecu tune if you fit a 3" exhaust so fit one and see if that improves at all first.
            Back from the Dark side
            NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Poita
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2010
              • Adelaide

I have a NP DiD and would only get 500km from a tank (averaged about 16.5L/100km I think) towing a 1.5t camper at 110kph.
              This is with an auto, but I have a torque converter lockup installed as well. Intake system was cleaned and EGR removed. So not super impressed by the economy, but it's not the worst around.
              NW VRX MY2013
              Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• basil
                • Apr 2012
                • Gembrook

I have had the remap done and love the results to this day.
                I think all has been said on the original posts if you have a look.
                I would be looking at a full carbon flush from oil to fuel and then see the difference.

You will use a little less throttle with the remap and a lot more power overall when required.
                I haven't towed with it though so I can't comment on the difference under that situation.

It removes that little bit of lag that was there before and is just more enjoyable as a result.

I get mid nines generally but my np is lifted with mud terrains, winch steel bulbar and recovery gear in the back etc.

I personally would give the fuel system a proper clean first and an oil flush and start from there.

Cheers,

Comment

• Backpaje
                  • Oct 2014
                  • Blackburn Vic

Guys ive kept the oil changed each 5000k, ive used Nulon diesel injector cleaner for about a year and just changed to Chemtech Diesel Power fuel additive (on first tank at double dose) and yes ive had the inlet manifold cleaned at $500 from MMA. But saying that it wouldn't surprise me if i got ripped off by them only doing the top manifold. I did quizz them with a pretty vague "oh yeah they would've done the whole thing" ??????
                  So buggered if i know why it sucks so much juice but like i say to the wife -so much for diesel economy, may as well have a petrol model.
                  Lots to come in time ;

Comment

• polarbear8131
                    • Apr 2013
                    • Macedon Ranges, Victoria.

Mind if I ask what the quote for the ecu remap is ?

Comment

• Dicko1
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Poita View Post
                      I have a NP DiD and would only get 500km from a tank (averaged about 16.5L/100km I think) towing a 1.5t camper at 110kph.
                      This is with an auto, but I have a torque converter lockup installed as well. Intake system was cleaned and EGR removed. So not super impressed by the economy, but it's not the worst around.

Tow at 95 and you will be amazed at how good the fuel economy is. 100 or above kills consumption.
                      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• owen_b
                        • Feb 2016
                        • Newcastle

Originally posted by polarbear8131 View Post
                        Mind if I ask what the quote for the ecu remap is ?

I have received quotes between $1400 to $1600. Some with Dyno some with just on road tuning.
                        2015 Mitsubishi Challenger - Genuine Nudge/Towbar, Uniden UHF 500sx, Boos Bash Plates, 2x3 Awning, 20" LED Light Bar, DIY rear Drawers, Custom Canvas Seat Covers.

Comment

• Faereag
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2009
                          • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Mine was $1599 for an Ecutek tune on a brand new dyno (the last one gave up the ghost), at Graeme West's in Adelaide's south.

Removed the Chip-it chip and the SPV mod and went with the tune alone. A good decision in hindsight. No more black smoke lugging the van up steep climbs and nearly 2L/100Km improvement with the fuel average when towing. Around town it is smooth with no lag to speak of - 3" exhaust does help though.

May even get a portion of the capital back in the long run. Must sell the Chip - already sold the egr mod which worked extremely well , but is not necessary now that the egr has been "zeroed-off".

No regrets so far.
                          Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• basil
                            • Apr 2012
                            • Gembrook

The Horse power factory here in Melbourne was $1199.

As Dicko has stated, economy with the 3.2 is largly down to how much right foot goes into it and the speed you sit on when cruising and yes, 10 kms does make a difference.

It isn't hard to get it to suck a few extra liters per hundred. I can get up to 200 kms less a tank if I go into (lets enjoy the remap mode), or keep things conservative. Once your gear changes occur in the 2500 to 3000 rpm area, the old girl starts to drink quite a bit more.

Just my two bobs worth.

Cheers,

Comment

• Kirkster72
                              • Sep 2013
                              • Sydney

Had my ecu remaped a few was weeks ago & what a difference!
                              Extra 32rwkw & 100nm
                              Attached Files
                              2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X