X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nathan111
    • Nov 2009

Can't move gearstick

Just yesterday i was driving and suddenly noticed i can't move the manual gearstick anymore like its seized so its stuck in third gear... So i thought the clutch had gone so i pulled over and tried the clutch seems to be working as the car will jump without me pressing the the pedal in.. So i pressed the clutch pedal in and started the car and drove all the way home in third.. any ideas what this could be? oh and i have an 1999 NL pajero with 3.5l petrol engine..
  • Pauly Faulkner
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2012
    • Maitland, NSW

Take the gear lever out and inspect, it may have a worn nylon bush and popped out which leaves the lever bit ontop.
    Normally see this happen with the transfer lever though (except there's no nylon bush on the transfer).
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• dolphin
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008

you can also try the in gear push back and forward [ rocking ] as it could be a sticky syncro inside the gearbox. [ when fixed you should check your gearbox oil level and maybe replace it with some fresh stuff with an additive added.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X