• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

I studied the market and considered the MUX but also felt it looked a bit plain inside the car and also there were no Isuzu dealers near me in Western Sydney, so servicing could be an issue, if I wanted to get it service at the dealer.

Don't know where you are in Western Sydney but there are two isuzu dealers. Huntingwood and Penrith.

Comment

• ActionDan
      • Apr 2019
      • Yackandandah

Originally posted by jared01 View Post
      3 weeks ago we bought a Pajero Sport, 7 seater GLS, upgrading from a NW Pajero.

We have 3 kids and tow a 2.5T caravan about every 3 weeks.

We took it for it's maiden towing voyage last weekend and it is nicer to tow with compared to the NW Pajero.

I studied the market and considered the MUX but also felt it looked a bit plain inside the car and also there were no Isuzu dealers near me in Western Sydney, so servicing could be an issue, if I wanted to get it service at the dealer.

We just finished getting ours setup for towing before last weekend and changed the tyres to BFG KO2, Redarc TowPro Elitev3, CB radio install and bullbar.

Very happy with the car and reason I chose it was could not go past the 7 year/150K warranty and included value with the car.

It is very nice to drive, comfortable inside and has lots of goodies.

Just yesterday whilst I was driving to work listening to music via android auto/spotify it finally kicked in how comfortable it was to drive.

Now just keeping it clean from kids and wife!
      Wasn't aware the warranty was that good!

Great feedback thank you.

Comment

• ron2503
        • Dec 2017
        • Alex Hills

It all depends on your preferences. If you want a replacement for the LC80 then the MUX is the right car. If it is more important to replace the Falcon then the PS is the right one. Both are capable off-road though I would recommend a suspension upgrade for either. Again both are capable tow-tugs. Test drive both and see what suits you best.
        2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
        Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
        Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• ActionDan
          • Apr 2019
          • Yackandandah

Originally posted by ron2503 View Post
          It all depends on your preferences. If you want a replacement for the LC80 then the MUX is the right car. If it is more important to replace the Falcon then the PS is the right one. Both are capable off-road though I would recommend a suspension upgrade for either. Again both are capable tow-tugs. Test drive both and see what suits you best.
          How about comfort of my old SZ territory, but more capable off-road and way less fuel than my 80 lol

Comment

• ron2503
            • Dec 2017
            • Alex Hills

Originally posted by ActionDan View Post
            How about comfort of my old SZ territory, but more capable off-road and way less fuel than my 80 lol
            My mates all have GQ Patrols and modified Hiluxes and I can get my PS anywhere they can go. My only hindrance was the H/T tyres. If you're looking for comfort you can't go past the PS.
            2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
            Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
            Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• dreamerman
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2009
              • Sydney

Wasn't aware the warranty was that good! Great feedback thank you.
              I think this special warranty started in March and now extended to April. Don't know if it is ongoing. 7 years is awesome!
              03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• ActionDan
                • Apr 2019
                • Yackandandah

Originally posted by ron2503 View Post
                My mates all have GQ Patrols and modified Hiluxes and I can get my PS anywhere they can go. My only hindrance was the H/T tyres. If you're looking for comfort you can't go past the PS.
                You should post some pics of your car, sounds like what I'm after.

Comment

• ActionDan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Yackandandah

Still reading, but leaning more and more towards PS on paper at least.

Nothing else comes close to the bang for buck.

When is the nicer facelift coming out?

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

A search of google tells me late 2019 or early 2020 realease in Australia.
                    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• ActionDan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Yackandandah

Hmm, that's too far away I think.

Which is a shame as I don't really want to eat the next wave of depreciation that's coming for the series 1.

I've been toying with the idea of a Triton instead, ute would be handy for rural property living, but the PS has better space in the middle row (just) and appears to be much nicer as a daily.

Maybe i can just get some slim rear draws and an awesome cargo mat or something.

Comment

• Having Fun
                        • Jun 2015
                        • Adelaide

Hmm, that's too far away I think.

Which is a shame as I don't really want to eat the next wave of depreciation that's coming for the series 1.

I've been toying with the idea of a Triton instead, ute would be handy for rural property living, but the PS has better space in the middle row (just) and appears to be much nicer as a daily.

Maybe i can just get some slim rear draws and an awesome cargo mat or something.

With a Triton, you're back to a leaf sprung rear axle. Comfort as a daily goes out the window! (no offence meant to Triton owners, but that's the truth)

Comment

• ActionDan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Yackandandah

Yeah I realise that, and will test drive, but the appeal of a ute on a rural property is good. Issue is my car tends to be the family trip car, so I do need something comfier.

After suggestions here I've also been looking at Pajero's which are a good 1-200 kg lighter than a cruiser, lighter than a prado, seemingly well regarded (was looking at say NX GLS).

Time to get out and drive some.

The PS is no doubt more modern and likely nicer to drive than the Paj, but I'm semi concerned about things like the new 8spd box, more gadgets to break etc.

Rule of thumb was never buy series 1 of anything, i realise the engine is not new to the platform but there's plenty of stuff that appears to be.
                          Last edited by ActionDan; 26-04-19, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Ian H
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2015
                            • Melbourne

I'm very happy with my NX after 3 years of trouble free touring the country from top to bottom. One thing which would bother me on the PS is the smaller fuel tank. I know there's an upgrade around but that lowers ground clearance and still isn't as big as the NX with the second tank fitted.

The NX tows well and while there aren't many bells or whistles, it's a bloody good reliable truck.
                            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• ActionDan
                              • Apr 2019
                              • Yackandandah

The ground clearance is appealing also as I have a hilly block with some steepish angles in places, 2" lifted cruiser occasionally scrapes gas tank but otherwise OK.

Also bigger physically inside than PS I think and fairly well proven engine/box combo?

It's just the hair splitting between NX/NW and year grades with things like android auto vs normal stereo, reverse sensors or not (does nothing have front sensors? I came from territory that had both and it was great).

I'm not big on leather usually either I find cloth more hard wearing and easier to deal with, but it appears the GLS seats are actually different, not just the trimming.

I will pull my finger out and go drive some. I keep saying that but time is bloody short lately!

Comment

• dragonjon
                                • Feb 2018
                                • sunshinecoast

45 litre after market tank fits above spare wheel so no loss of clearance
                                i have had my 2015 sport for 3 1/2 years now and im (still loving it)
                                i tow a caravan as well

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X