X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coley_83
    • Mar 2012

Quick help before I buy

Sorry if already covered but couldn't find it.

Took a 08 NS manual diesel VRX and 08 NS auto petrol Exceed for test drive and LOVED everything about the Exceed.

Exceed had 190 000km and VRX 170 000km

What are issues with the auto v6 3.8 engines ?
    What are people with auto 3.8 getting in fuel consumption ?
    How many km will 3.8 v6 auto do before requiring a rebuild or falling apart ?
    How much maintainence does leather require ?

Once again sorry if already covered, but it's slow searching on my iPhone

Cheers in advance
  • Jords
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2011
    • Kellyville Ridge

there must be a bit of a price difference! IMHO Diesel although get the clutch checked out. and check service history of both
    2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

• coley_83
      • Mar 2012

3.8L Exceed $30K
      Diesel VRX $32K

Diesel exlease vehicle

Exceed all servicing done by Mitsubishi and highway km

Diesel evident been off road
      Exceed immaculate not a spot of dirt
      Last edited by coley_83; 25-03-12, 09:43 PM. Reason: Save posting twice

Comment

• Mau
        • Feb 2012
        • Perth

13,8/100 50/50 highway/city. Unleaded premium. Nt mivec though so could be different.
        Last edited by Mau; 25-03-12, 10:10 PM. Reason: nt vs ns

Comment

• Angry
          Valued Member
          • May 2009
          • Riverina

Ive got an NS VRX Did Auto .

It gets a 1.25 tonne boat with ease & get approx 14/15l/100k @ 110kph..

Cant understand why you'd ever buy the petrol when the DID is so good, Ok it rattles a bit at idle but its a killer...
          Last edited by Angry; 26-03-12, 01:50 PM.
          Angry.

My Photo site.
          AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

• Alben
            • Jul 2010
            • Victoria

our 07 vrx manual diesel does about 11L per hundred round town and normally about 9 to 9.5L per hundred with mainly Hwy driving. These are with not much loaded into the vehicle and driving pretty easy most of the time. Good thing about the manual diesel is that there is no dpf in the exhaust that can give some problems. Maybe try to find out if the intake has been changed to the nt version where one of the sensors is less likely to get clogged in soot. I cant really offer anything on the petrol but someone else with experience with them should be able to let you know. Cheers, Ben.
            2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers

Comment

• 8seconds
              • Apr 2008
              • Katanning, WA

Originally posted by coley_83 View Post
              Sorry if already covered but couldn't find it.

Took a 08 NS manual diesel VRX and 08 NS auto petrol Exceed for test drive and LOVED everything about the Exceed.

Exceed had 190 000km and VRX 170 000km

What are issues with the auto v6 3.8 engines ?
              What are people with auto 3.8 getting in fuel consumption ?
              How many km will 3.8 v6 auto do before requiring a rebuild or falling apart ?
              How much maintainence does leather require ?

Once again sorry if already covered, but it's slow searching on my iPhone

Cheers in advance
              Hi there Coley,

We've had our 3.8 Petrol Auto VRX for 4.5 years now and have had one warranty issue, a weeping sensor at the 4wd actuator which was replaced without issue. We use our Pajero extensivley for 4wd'ing and towing and I have seen many an embarressed face as my car constantly shows up the the big two, especially on sand. We towed our Complete campsite camper across Australia and back and averaged 19l/100k's, it is 950kg's empty and fully loaded quite a bit more probably closer to 1500kg's or more. i travel at 110km on open roads and it even over takes just fine, although a V8 would do it easier.

As far as leather would go I cant tell you for this car because it doesnt have it, cleaning the cloth/velour whatever they call it doesn't seem to be a hassle at all though. I have three small children and we still manage to keep it looking new inside. Unlike the 200 series I've been looking at at the moment there are no wear marks on the plastic either. I have just looked at a 200 series and Disco 3/4 on Friday and I'm finding it very hard to understand why I should change appart from the motor of the 200 series. They both seem way over priced for what I can get with a Pajero then and now....

I'd like a diesel, for no real reason other than everyone reckons they are better, however I've found no real compelling argument in the last 4.5 years to justify it. The fuel cost isn't that much greater compared to service costs and it has always gone wherever a diesel has gone with just as much ease or easier...much to the disgust of my Toyota owning mates.

Either on and you are going to love that car as far as I can see. I'd probably buy an exceed demo next time, why the hell not. They reallly are a good 4wd. add a 2" tough dog springs and bilstein shocks and your smile will get even bigger, don't forget a winch and bar to recover your mates
              Last edited by 8seconds; 26-03-12, 12:21 AM. Reason: terminology

Comment

• pauld
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2010
                • Melbourne

The servicing costs of a deisel are not that bad as long as you don't go to a dealer & get ripped off.
                2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• Angry
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2009
                  • Riverina

A DPF delete pipe fixes a lot of issues with an NS DID Auto..goes much better without one .
                  Angry.

My Photo site.
                  AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

• Pearcie
                    BushSkinz 4x4
                    • Nov 2007
                    • Wattagans

Servicing the petrol is about 1/3 the cost of the diesel. If anything goes wrong with the DiD you would refinance the house to fix it. But with that being said if your touring or towing I would get the DiD simply for the added range and pulling power aside from that there isnt any benefit to the DiD when buying second hand. As resale is the big benefit when buying a DiD new.

I get around 11l/100km on a trip in the petrol and got about 9l/100km from the DiD when it was standard so bugger all in terms of cost difference but the range is good when out west.

Leather is great I won't own a 4x4 without it. Mud cleans off easy our sons milk cookies sandwiches and lord knows what else wipes straight off. Can't say the same about my wife's car that always needs the seats steam cleaned which will be happening again this week. The only thing to keep an eye on is the edge of the drivers seat from sliding in and out aside from that get window tint if it hasn't got it already as the front seats fade and dry out I you don't have it. Each to their own though my wife doesn't want leather seats in her car because it gets to hot to sit on. Doesn't effect me as my shorts cover the back of my legs lol.

Mechanically they are both very good so I would just go with which ever vehicle you enjoyed driving the most.

Hope some of this is useful. I has to make the same decision last August.

Cheers
                    Kieron
                    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
                    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• coley_83
                      • Mar 2012

Cheers for advice?
                      No touring or towing just for wife to run around with kids and maybe a Fraser Island trip once a year.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X