• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john pajero
    • Dec 2016
    • melb

This Speedo Calibrator??

As far as I can tell from forum discussions no one seems to have nailed speedo correction.

Has anyone used or know about these?

Looking for Speedometer Calibrator? Call us on 1300 155 541 or shop online at Hummingbird Electronics today!

Australian made too. I have contacted them to see what they say.
    John

2006 NP 3.2DID Auto, Smart bar, Glind heat exchange shower system, Boos bash plates, Redarc towpro elite, Custom roof rack, Ebay snorkel, winch, Kings awning, Old school uniden UHF, diff breathers, Custom sliders, Middle exhaust delete, Custom quick remove rear shelf.
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by john pajero View Post
    As far as I can tell from forum discussions no one seems to have nailed speedo correction.

Has anyone used or know about these?

Looking for Speedometer Calibrator? Call us on 1300 155 541 or shop online at Hummingbird Electronics today!

Australian made too. I have contacted them to see what they say.
    I don't believe too many forum members modify their Mitsubishis to the extent that a speedo corrector such as this is required.

Personally, for my Shorty rejuvenation, I'll be starting with this one: https://www.jaycar.com.au/speedo-cor...odule/p/AA0376
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• pharb
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Tyers,Vic

What about this -

I swapped drive gear on my NJ to dorrect speedo from the factory 30" tyres to 32".

Haven't had to do on my NX as even going from the factory tyres to 32" it is now more accurate than before.
      PCOV Member 1107.
      Daily driver NX GLX
      Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
      Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
      Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• disco stu
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2018
        • Wollongong

I know one of the jaycar speedo correctors had really bad reviews, you know if that one is improved NJ?

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by pharb View Post
          What about this -

I swapped drive gear on my NJ to dorrect speedo from the factory 30" tyres to 32".

Haven't had to do on my NX as even going from the factory tyres to 32" it is now more accurate than before.
          Gen 4 transfers have a different setup that doesn't use the gears - hence why I'll be using the Jaycar kit.

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
          I know one of the jaycar speedo correctors had really bad reviews, you know if that one is improved NJ?
          No idea. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2016
            • Greater Sydney

Bought one of these at least 10 years ago.

I've passed Highway Patrol cars on motorways when they are doing 98kph in a 100kph speed zone with a line of cars sitting behind them.

Only been booked once for speeding in 58 years. Got my licence at 17. Yes I am that old.

Comment

• chippy4x4
              • Apr 2009
              • adelaide

you can allways just use the GPS. My Garmin has a screen that is just speedo. I have been through the speed checks and it is bang on.

Comment

• pharb
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                Gen 4 transfers have a different setup that doesn't use the gears - hence why I'll be using the Jaycar kit.
                Well that's a disappointing pain in the butt.
                PCOV Member 1107.
                Daily driver NX GLX
                Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• El_Freddo
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Bridgewater, Vic

Our NP has the next tyre size up when reading the tyre placard in the door jamb yet the speedo still shows 6km/h over actual road speed!!

I don’t know if there was a trans replacement at some point or not that’s contributed to this.

Cheers

Bennie
                  2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• john pajero
                    • Dec 2016
                    • melb

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                    I don't believe too many forum members modify their Mitsubishis to the extent that a speedo corrector such as this is required.

Personally, for my Shorty rejuvenation, I'll be starting with this one: https://www.jaycar.com.au/speedo-cor...odule/p/AA0376
                    Hi NJ

From what other forums have told me, the current jaycar kit works but had long delays kicking in when taking off and coming to a stop. (This is in other vehicles). The general consensus is that the prior model that came in kit form worked really well.

Will be interesting to see how you go.
                    John

2006 NP 3.2DID Auto, Smart bar, Glind heat exchange shower system, Boos bash plates, Redarc towpro elite, Custom roof rack, Ebay snorkel, winch, Kings awning, Old school uniden UHF, diff breathers, Custom sliders, Middle exhaust delete, Custom quick remove rear shelf.

Comment

• dhula
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • South of Perth

I've used a few different speedo calibrators.
                      The one I keep coming back to for simplicity of install and use is the speedo healer by healtech.
                      It's not the cheepest and it is primarily designed for motorbikes so usually they are not plug and play on things with more than 2 wheels. You'll also need to search bike shops/websites to find a supplier but I'm sure your local Honda, Yammie, Suzuki, etc dealer will be able to help out there if you get stuck.
                      I've used them on several cars and 4wds and some trucks/buses and not had a problem.
                      I have not used them on a Paj yet so cannot speak with any authority there but I don't think there would be any problem that can't be overcome pretty easily.
                      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• john pajero
                        • Dec 2016
                        • melb

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                        Bought one of these at least 10 years ago.

I've passed Highway Patrol cars on motorways when they are doing 98kph in a 100kph speed zone with a line of cars sitting behind them.

Only been booked once for speeding in 58 years. Got my licence at 17. Yes I am that old.
                        This one looks nice and neat. I will probably go with one of these or similar if hummingbird cant confirm compatibility with Pajeros.
                        John

Comment

• john pajero
                          • Dec 2016
                          • melb

Originally posted by El_Freddo View Post
                          Our NP has the next tyre size up when reading the tyre placard in the door jamb yet the speedo still shows 6km/h over actual road speed!!

I don’t know if there was a trans replacement at some point or not that’s contributed to this.

Cheers

Bennie
                          Hi Bennie

As far as I'm aware that seems pretty standard as 9kph slower than speedo at 100 is not uncommon in the Pajero.
                          Going up one tyre size increases rolling diameter by approx 3% which will correct actual speed by roughly 3kph at that speed.
                          John

Comment

• chippy4x4
                            • Apr 2009
                            • adelaide

Hi Bennie

As far as I'm aware that seems pretty standard as 9kph slower than speedo at 100 is not uncommon in the Pajero.
                            Going up one tyre size increases rolling diameter by approx 3% which will correct actual speed by roughly 3kph at that speed.
                            Not just Pajero's

Comment

• El_Freddo
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2018
                              • Bridgewater, Vic

Hi Bennie

Yeah I thought as much. It annoys me that car manufacturers do this. My ‘88 Subaru L series and ‘91 Subaru Brumby are both bang on the mark with their speedos. It takes out the guess work which I like.

Cheers

Bennie
                              2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X