• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old pops
    • Aug 2020
    • United Kingdom

4m41 engine

Hi is the engine in the gen iv a 4m41 Engine it’s a uk model 3.2 Diesel 197bhp
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Yes the Pajero 3.2 litre engine is a 4M41.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Kingmarz
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2016
      • South Island New Zealand

Originally posted by Old pops View Post
      Hi is the engine in the gen iv a 4m41 Engine it’s a uk model 3.2 Diesel 197bhp

Bit of an odd question to ask on an Aussie forum especially since a easy Google or just checking engine code under bonnet could instantly answer.
      I’ve also noticed that you’re a bit obsessed about the 197bhp like it’s something special or that the British model is different? Like all Diesel engines this engine is all about the Nm of torque not the bhp
      02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

197HP is 147 kW ie the later version of the 4m41 engine. The NS had a lower output, which is probably why the OP was concerned.

Comment

• Old pops
          • Aug 2020
          • United Kingdom

Yes thanks over here there are 4 different power lvls so didn’t know if all the engines were the same yes I agree it’s not about bhp it’s about torque but over here there are not many places that supply after market stuff at affordable prices so I have to buy things from abroad ie Australia so before I buy them I need to make sure everything is correct as it can take up to 3 months to get the stuff especially with this bloody virus hitting the world and also you guys over there do loads of good Useable modifications And they must work because of the extreme conditions you have also im under no illusion that the numerous vehicles over there have a lot more Power as over here it’s all about the environment and emissions so everything is getting smaller engines and realying on turbos and also we are getting pushed towards electric and hybrid cars the days of the v8 and v6 and big power plants over here are coming to an end unless your loaded

Comment

• Old pops
            • Aug 2020
            • United Kingdom

Oh and also the models are named different sg3 sg4 so I’m not sure what model in Australia is the same

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

Oh and also the models are named different sg3 sg4 so I’m not sure what model in Australia is the same
              What is your exact model, year, sg2, 3 or 4, 4work, Warrior, Barbarian etc etc etc and I'll assist with what is the closest we have. I lived in UK for 20 years so have a bit of an understanding re models etc.

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Old pops
                • Aug 2020
                • United Kingdom

I have a 2012 and a 2014 both sg3 lwb thanks

Comment

• aussieintas
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Sorell, Tasmania

So keeping it simple your 2012 model is equivalent to our NW model and your 2014 is equivalent to out NX model. Same engine running gear etc just cosmetic and features are different. Over the years Mitsubishi Australia reduced the amount of various spec levels as sales declined, so now there are only basically 3.

Your SG3 is basically similar to our Exceed models, which here is the top of the range with leather powered seats and up rated stereo, I won't go through every spec but below is a thread from the forum with details of all models through the years to assist.

The 4M41 was introduced here early 2000's in the Gen 3 models (NM & NP) and continued through to now (Gen 4 models - NS, NT, NW and NX ) with power differences throughout the years. That also included having different DPF's through the years to meet emissions regulations.

Also, here too in Aus we are being pushed to smaller 4 cylinder and hybrid vehicles, we used to make large V8 cars but they have finshied production in recent years. Think the Vauxall Monaro VXR and VXR8......Aussie built car exported to UK.

Hope that helps a bit.

Previously
                  88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                  92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                  92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                  95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                  08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Old pops
                    • Aug 2020
                    • United Kingdom

Great thanks helps a lot but both my 2014 and 2012 are exactly the same apart from the stereo think over here the front fog light change came in the 2015 model

Comment

• Old pops
                      • Aug 2020
                      • United Kingdom

So I presume mine would both be the nw models I appreciate your help 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🍻

Comment

• aussieintas
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Sorell, Tasmania

So I presume mine would both be the nw models I appreciate your help 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🍻
                        Yep if they both have the round fog lights then yes they are NW. Companies release models at different times in different countries.

Previously
                        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...