• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulH
    • Jul 2020
    • Altona Victoria

Torque Pro

After searching this forum l just want to make sure l understand correctly if l purchase the OBD-11 and download the torque pro app l can monitor my transmission temp?
    Also the OBD-11 plugs in down below the steering wheel near your right leg is that correct?
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Yes you can monitor trans temp.

Been a long time since I plugged the OBD in on our NS but I think it's near my left knee.

Comment

• gaz1
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Blue Mountains NSW

Originally posted by PaulH View Post
      After searching this forum l just want to make sure l understand correctly if l purchase the OBD-11 and download the torque pro app l can monitor my transmission temp?
      Also the OBD-11 plugs in down below the steering wheel near your right leg is that correct?
      Yes, that is correct - Torque Pro can be set up to monitor transmission fluid temp. It won't do it "out of the box". There is an extensive discussion on this forum - this link should get you somewhere in the multiple pages of the discussion. My most recent involvement was in the last couple of pages. - I used the method described by member 'njswb' but I suggest doing some reading at various stages of the discussion to familiarise yourself before diving in at the deep end.

All the foregoing drivel can be ignored if you already know what you're doing!

2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• PaulH
        • Jul 2020
        • Altona Victoria

Thanks for your help.
        Another question can l leave the obd2 plugged in or will it flatten my battery?

Comment

• Ran
          • Nov 2015
          • Brisbane

It won't flatten your battery. I used mine to monitor Trans temps and found it super easy to use once I got the bluetooth to connect. I used the Car Scanner app

Comment

• gaz1
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Blue Mountains NSW

some of the OBD connectors advertise as having an auto switch off - most don't. I bought mine from Jaycar and it does not have auto switch off. If you intend leaving the car unused for long periods, there could be enough drain to be problematic - just depends on the time. I have overcome the problem by fitting a cable with switch between the car socket and the connector for Torque - there are lots around, this is the one I got:

OBD2 extension cable with switch. This cable allows you to extend your OBD2 port to a more convenient place with a  60cm female-to-male cable. The cable also has a built-in switch so that you can turn the power to the OBD2 device off and on quickly. Ultra low profile design for tight spots Flat cable so that it is easy to hide and shape On/Off Switch High-quality connectors and 60cm cable Straight connections, no shared ground 12 Month Warranty Australian support Notice: Please do not use this cable with a full system, relay-based scan tools.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• Scooby
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2011
              • Ipswich, Qld.

Just got lost on that link for half an hour.

OBD2 extension cable with switch. This cable allows you to extend your OBD2 port to a more convenient place with a  60cm female-to-male cable. The cable also has a built-in switch so that you can turn the power to the OBD2 device off and on quickly. Ultra low profile design for tight spots Flat cable so that it is easy to hide and shape On/Off Switch High-quality connectors and 60cm cable Straight connections, no shared ground 12 Month Warranty Australian support Notice: Please do not use this cable with a full system, relay-based scan tools.
              Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• gaz1
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Blue Mountains NSW

It can be dangerous! things that you didn't know existed suddenly become essential without them you cannot exist.

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
                  Yes, that is correct - Torque Pro can be set up to monitor transmission fluid temp. It won't do it "out of the box". There is an extensive discussion on this forum - this link should get you somewhere in the multiple pages of the discussion. My most recent involvement was in the last couple of pages. -

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...312#post636312
                  Try using Car Scanner ELM OBD2. Picks up Trans temp and DPF without adding PID's . Reads something like 49 sensors on my NX
                  $7.00 for the pro version but try the freebie first.

Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Toshmegosh
                    • Jul 2020
                    • North Shore, Sydney

Any advice on which ELM327 adaptor to use, or will any quality one recommended by Car Scanner be OK? Also looking to monitor trans temps when towing. Thanks guys.
                    MY19 NX GLS, factory towbar, Redarc Towpro v3 & isolator, engineer certified upgrade to 300kg TBM @3T (Kings springs, Koni 82 series shocks, Airbagman HP bags) Provent 200 catch can. To come - Automate

Comment

• Stinky
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Gladstone, qld

Originally posted by Toshmegosh View Post
                      Any advice on which ELM327 adaptor to use, or will any quality one recommended by Car Scanner be OK? Also looking to monitor trans temps when towing. Thanks guys.
                      I purchased 4 or 5 different Ebay Elm327's that other members said worked with the Paj. None did or had very slow data transfer rates. Finally purchased the one from Jaycar/RTM and it works great. Part number PP2145 from memory.
                      Cheers, Mike.
                      The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
                      My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

• Toshmegosh
                        • Jul 2020
                        • North Shore, Sydney

thanks Mike
                        MY19 NX GLS, factory towbar, Redarc Towpro v3 & isolator, engineer certified upgrade to 300kg TBM @3T (Kings springs, Koni 82 series shocks, Airbagman HP bags) Provent 200 catch can. To come - Automate

Comment

• thesavage
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Rivervale

Hi there what OBD ii scanner are people using? Is there a general consensus on which one is the best? Cheers,

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by thesavage View Post
                            Hi there what OBD ii scanner are people using? Is there a general consensus on which one is the best? Cheers,
                            Had a couple pf f E bay cheapies that were crap. Eventually purchased on from Jaycar. had it5 years and no drama. A few members also have it and are happy with it.

I paid $39.

Just checked Jaycar they are now $70.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • Sydney

I’ve had no issues with the Konnwei I’ve used for years now. It is version 2, I know there is a version 3 which I don’t recall had any issues either. It was less than $30 on eBay.
                              NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X