Clear All
  • keenkean
    • Jan 2016
    • Central Coast NSW

SRS Airbag light on NX following paddle install

Hi guys

Bit of a self inflicted issue:
    - installed Scott and Marshall's paddle/paddle-mate combo last weekend
    - whilst connecting that really awkward connection in the transmission tunnel I turned the engine on to move the transmission a bit further out of the way with airbag and steering wheel disconnected. I was busy scraping the skin off the back of my hand at the time and in a hurry.
    - connected everything back fine and the SRS light came on
    - I really don't think i damaged the clock spring. All of Scott and Marshall's stuff works flawlessly first go
    - all the steering wheel buttons all work fine including horn
    - coincidentally had the takata airbag replaced a week earlier

Looking for advice:
    - should I take it to the dealer to ask them to clear the fault
    - would one of those iCarsoft i909 modules off ebay clear the fault? The description claims they can clear SRS codes. I note that the standard ODBII connectors through torque pro can't clear the fault code. These devices are only $150-$230 and I'll have something I can reuse next time I do something dumb.
    - other suggestions?

I have already pulled the airbag off yet again and reseated all the connectors including the one under the steering column.

Cheers
    Adam
  • Patagonia
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Once I turned on the car while I had the passenger airbag light disconnected and the srs ligth turned on (not in australia models it goes in the blank opposite the hazzard switch) had to go to the dealer to turn the srs ligth out, think yours is the same problem.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk
    2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
    Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
    31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
    2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to hear that this is ongoing for you. I had a look at the icarsoft product you mentioned, and I'm not convinced it will do what you need - I believe you need compatibility with Mitsubishi Multi-Use Tool, or MUT 3, which isn't listed anywhere in the ad.

Do we have any members with a MUT 3 on the Central Coast who might be able to help you out?

Good luck!
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• keenkean
        • Jan 2016
        • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
        Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to hear that this is ongoing for you. I had a look at the icarsoft product you mentioned, and I'm not convinced it will do what you need - I believe you need compatibility with Mitsubishi Multi-Use Tool, or MUT 3, which isn't listed anywhere in the ad.

Do we have any members with a MUT 3 on the Central Coast who might be able to help you out?

Good luck!

Thanks Scott, I saw on the forum a 4-3 owner bought an icarsoft for the srs light and worked fine for them. I found an ebay code, $150 delivered, will find out in a week if my gamble pays off. I had toyed with the idea of removing the paddles and returning to MM for help, but the thought of going near that transmission tunnel connection with my hand traumatised me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Originally posted by keenkean View Post
          , but the thought of going near that transmission tunnel connection with my hand traumatised me.

Long nose pliers did it for me .
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Thanks Scott, I saw on the forum a 4-3 owner bought an icarsoft for the srs light and worked fine for them. I found an ebay code, $150 delivered, will find out in a week if my gamble pays off.
            Cool! If it worked before, it should work again.

I had toyed with the idea of removing the paddles and returning to MM for help, but the thought of going near that transmission tunnel connection with my hand traumatised me.
            Yes, that connector is a bit of a challenge. It just needs a bit of faith - if you believe you can do it, you will.

Of course, it helps to have smaller hands, too...
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• keenkean
              • Jan 2016
              • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
              Long nose pliers did it for me .

Dave

Unfortunately I usually rely on brute force and ignorance :/

Comment

• keenkean
                • Jan 2016
                • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                Cool! If it worked before, it should work again.

Yes, that connector is a bit of a challenge. It just needs a bit of faith - if you believe you can do it, you will.

Of course, it helps to have smaller hands, too...

Bloody brilliant! iCarsoft i909 works perfectly on NX pajero to clear airbag light. Very cheap for what it does.

Took 30 seconds, very much plug and play.

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

Good news!

Thanks for posting the solution - now you can focus on enjoying your paddles.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X