Below Nav Bar

Collapse

How to check ECU to see if Gen 4 Paj has been clocked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimster99
    • Jan 2019
    • UK

How to check ECU to see if Gen 4 Paj has been clocked?

Hi all,

New-ish owner here (again)! :-)

As mentioned in previous posts I have bought a low-mileage 2017 Gen-4 Pajero (Shogun) and want to check it hasn't been clocked (was in good condition but mileage was low (8,000 miles) and tyre wear was a bit higher than expected so I was very suspicious - in fact I suspect it quite possible has been clocked slightly). Am based in Middle East so independent verification of mileage not available.

I have an OBD2 bluetooth scanner and torque pro on my android phone. Can I use this to check if the mileage has been electronically fiddled with? The scanner can read the fault codes etc but I can't see how to verify the mileage history. Any hints / tips? I'm happy to buy more software plugins / cables / equipment if needed and can use Windows / Android / iphone / Linux as needed. I see Torque Pro in particular has a bunch of add-ons but it's not obvious to me which (if any) are needed.

I've seen reference to "Mut2", "Mut3" and EVOSCAN as possibly being helpful software / hardware needed but need a bit more info.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jimster99; 16-07-19, 10:18 PM.
  • jimster99
    • Jan 2019
    • UK

Just checking - no-one has any ideas?

Comment

• oscaroo
      • Dec 2017
      • Sydney

If the car software has been updated to say that the kilometrage is X; then no matter how you read it - it will be X.

If the car software stored the kilometrage in multiple places, say in location 1 and location 2; then you may have a chance - assuming you knew the computer OBD addresses. But, if an expert kilometrage fiddler filddled with it then they would have changed it in both locations too.

Comment

• oscaroo
        • Dec 2017
        • Sydney

Maybe they bought second hand tyres to change from the new ones that it had?

Comment

• jimako
          • Jul 2007
          • Hoppers Crossing VIC

Originally posted by oscaroo View Post
          Maybe they bought second hand tyres to change from the new ones that it had?
          If you can find any dealer its been serviced at they should have a record.
          2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

• Adelaide steve
            • Oct 2014
            • Adelaide

a Mutt3 will read the ecu and give KM reading. I know of I person who had his car in dealers for service and was told 300,000+km on ecu and odometer was reading around 200000km. Aperently it was the original ecu as it has vin in it
            2013 NW VRX White. TJM colour coded bull bar, 9" led spotties dual battery, c-tek dc-dc charger, factory side steps, Kings side awning, roof bars, Spare wheel lift mod,Boo bash plates, rear air bag suspension, GME uhf, Waeco 50l fridge, tows a MDC 2018 Cruize slide forward fold Camper trailer.

past---2007 NS 3.2 Diesel. New DPF, Manifold clean, Factory bull bar,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X