• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duz360
    • Dec 2015
    • Wollongong NSW

2001 NM v6 pajero from wollongong 4wd Newbie

Hi Guys,

My names Josh and ive recently purchased a 01 3.5 Manual GLS Pajero as my first 4wd. Alot of my mates own four wheel drives and i have always owned fast cars and could never understand what they were doing but i've gotten a little older ( i hope a little wiser) and decided that a Pajero would be a good family practical car.

I bought the NM due to it's towing ability 2+ tonnes with a race car on a trailer and my ski boat and also with the idea of hopefully doing some touring at some point. and maybe to follow a few of my mates offroad

The car is in fairly good nick and looks reasonably well looked after witha full service history and the visual condition being very good

It does have some faults and we made a concious decision to buy one with them rather than buy one in good nick and then fix as they all seem to be the common NM faults - hypo temp gauge and Flashing centre diff light. My logic with buying one with the CD light was i knew i would have to spend some money on it but atleast i knew the state of what was new on it after repair.

As for current modifications its got a plastic bullbar and some driving lights and apart from that its pretty standard

Planned modifications in no particular order
    Roof Racks
    Fridge
    UHF
    Awning
    Custom rear Drawers
    Dual Battery Setup
    Double din conversion
    winch

Plenty of Driving and enjoying my much slower but seemingly nice car

A big thanks to the forum i did alot of reading before purchasing my car and alot after but have only just joined but in reality have been spending a few hours a day on this forum for about a month now so a huge thanks to everyone for sharing the ideas and the support

And now for some photos
    Attached Files
    Last edited by duz360; 09-12-15, 08:09 AM.
    NM GLS MY00 3.5 V6
    | Kings 2x3m awning | Mitsubishi Genuine racks | 200Ah aux battery | 6" 135W Spotlights | 4" 100W Spotlights | Snorkel | Uniden 8010 UHF 6.5DB gain Antenna | Front and Rear mounted Andersons | 2x Volts and Water Temp gauges

Still to Come
    Roof Cage
    winch
    recovery Gear
    recovery tracks
    Double Din upgrade with GPS
    Reverse camera
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

Welcome to the forum

FYI the bullbar you have (SmartBar) is not winch compatible so if you want to fit a winch you're going to need a new bullbar as well.

The temp gauge can be a couple of things, need more info.

The flashing CD light... lots of info if you do a search, but until you can get around to fixing it just leave it 4H.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• duz360
      • Dec 2015
      • Wollongong NSW

one of my mates suggested we could likely build a cradle behind my current bar and just cut a slot in the bar but i am hunting second hand winch bars also?

the temp gauge just sporatically goes off the clock im assuming its the resistor thing going to try that first

as for the flashing CD light i was going to post a thread soon but ive been reading alot and thought i would try the basicas first before i bugged the forum with a useless question i have done basic trouble shooting and i have 3 codes 32,33,34 from the research i did 32,33 point to transfer case detent switches and 34 is the vac solenoids i ordered some vac solenoids and figured i would change them first and try pulling out he old transfer switches and cleaning them before replacing.

as for how it behaves the bottom two lights are blown as when i turn reds on i get solid orange and solid front lights once the car is started i get no lights ( im assuming the rear wheel lights would be on) with the shifter in 2h i can drive for seemingly hundreds of KM before with no change in the status of lights and all seems fine, When you move the shifter to 4h ( with reds on i can hear the servo go but no matter if your moving or stopped the green lights appear then dissapear and then the CD light flashes the only way to stop the flashing is to turn the ignition off and on again.

so i think i'm on the right tack with vac solenoids and cleaning the TC switches?
      NM GLS MY00 3.5 V6
      | Kings 2x3m awning | Mitsubishi Genuine racks | 200Ah aux battery | 6" 135W Spotlights | 4" 100W Spotlights | Snorkel | Uniden 8010 UHF 6.5DB gain Antenna | Front and Rear mounted Andersons | 2x Volts and Water Temp gauges

Still to Come
      Roof Cage
      winch
      recovery Gear
      recovery tracks
      Reverse camera

Comment

• duz360
        • Dec 2015
        • Wollongong NSW

hi guys thought id update in here as the Rig evolves

so much for not touching it ha ha (atleast thats what i said to the wife and the boys)

fitted a 200ah agm in the third seat well, some roof racks i purchased off a member and a 2x3m kings awning i got for christmas and purchased myself some goodies to be fitted over the next few weeks

i also threw 2 volt gauges one for each battery and a water temp gauge into the upper glove compartment aswell

snorkel
        front and rear anderson's
        some accessory and USB chargers for front and back
        a Uniden UHF into the ashtray space
        6.5db antenna to mount on the smart bar

once there done im going to get a roof cage a winch and cradle to stuff behind the smart bar and some recovery gear and its off trekking
        NM GLS MY00 3.5 V6

Still to Come
        Roof Cage
        winch
        recovery Gear
        recovery tracks
        Reverse camera

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X