• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P4J3R0
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Brisbane

Big start to the new year.

Santa bought a new light bar, scored a fridge in the new year sales, made a floor for the back of "the white shadow", and have managed to do 2 trips away already.

New improvements

Then hooked the camper up, loaded the dogs in and went up to gordon country for a few days to unwind.

Then threw the muddies on and went away for a boys trip.
    First stop was the Clarence river, then a bit of a drive to sundown national park for a night and some exploring before heading back home.

It's amazing how few photos you get of yourself when your driving.

Hopefully get some more pics forms the boys that I can post up.
    NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• P4J3R0
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Brisbane

The white shadow is in pieces in the shed. Clocked 220000km this week so I thought since I had a weekend free I would give it a full service. Taking a bit longer than expected so far only resealed the sump, changed the oil filter and removed and cleaned the intake manifold. After cleaning the manifold (degreaser, scraper and the karcher) I decided to remove the swirl butterflies.

Today's list is put the manifold back on, engine oil fill, front and rear diff oil change, tranny and transfer case oil change. And if I still have time make the blanking plate to go on the exhaust manifold so I can get rid of all the egr pipes.

Was thinking about using the egr cooler as a hot water system and making some fittings to run water through it.

I'll post pics up tonight when it's all done.
      NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Carl_Oz
        • Feb 2015
        • Victoria

That's a job and a half isn't it! Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Comment

• P4J3R0
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2013
          • Brisbane

So worked my butt of on Sunday trying to get it all back together. 10pm I was in bed.

Got everything done except for the transfer case as I need a suction pump to do it cleanly. I'll pick one up this week and finish it.

Also after discovering the egr valve is separate from the egr motor and it's spring is only good for 10psi I have run a new line for the egr to run clean boosted air. From my test run tonight it definitely boost much sharper and now is back up to a max of 17psi and maintains 15psi through the rev range.

Gunk between the top and bottom manifolds.

Swirl valves removed. I cut it back neat with the start of the first valve to maintain the exterior look and to ensure the seal still worked.

Blanking plate on exhaust manifold. 6mm steel.

And tonight's efforts of a clean air recirculation system.

Cheers
          NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Nab
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Perth

Good work, looks like a prick of a job.

How do you guys clean around the head without dropping the gunk into the motor (ie where the inlet manifold bolts on)?
            SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• P4J3R0
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2013
              • Brisbane

Carefully ! Used a bent over screwdriver and scraped it back out of the head. Thinking I may try some intake cleaner to try and get the last of it over the following weeks.
              NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Nab
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Perth

I figured some sort of hook would do the trick! When I do mine I will have the vacuum on too so should hopefully do the trick. Not sure what the missus has to say about that though...
                SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• P4J3R0
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Brisbane

Video of TC v Lockers

NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2014
                    • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by Slo78u View Post
                    Video of TC v Lockers

http://youtu.be/B5Mg45jYPBU
                    front and rear lockers? edit sorry saw on the video front and rear.
                    Two questions.Does the grill just pull straight out the front with clips or are there bolts etc?
                    Can you describe the arb bar mounting system onto the front of the Pajero
                    Last edited by KiwiNTPajero; 28-02-15, 09:35 AM.
                    2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                    BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• P4J3R0
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
                      front and rear lockers? edit sorry saw on the video front and rear.
                      Two questions.Does the grill just pull straight out the front with clips or are there bolts etc?
                      Can you describe the arb bar mounting system onto the front of the Pajero
                      The grill has clips at the top, once these are out the lean the grill forward and pull up, and it's out.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow. It has brackets that mount to the from of the car, then brackets that mount to them, then the bar bolts on.
                      NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Brisbane

Finally got round to making the catch can and mounting to to the custom lower air box.

Next on the list is a new upper air box that seals properly unlike the original unit.

NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Brisbane

Finally got round to putting the clock spring in.

Bit of a mission but here is a step by step for those who need to do it.

Step 1
                          Remove negative battery terminal & make sure your wheels are straight ahead.

Step 2
                          Remove lover cover from steering wheel and remove air bag plug and horn plug.

Step 3
                          Remove screws from lower steering column surround

Step 4
                          Remove air bag mounting screws (T30 torx bit). One in each side of the wheel.

Step 5
                          Remove air bag and horn unit. This has 4 clips that pop out when you pul out. Start at the top.

Step 6
                          Undo steering wheel bolt (17mm)

Step 7
                          Unplug the clock spring from the steering wheel controls.

Step 8
                          Pop the steering wheel off the shaft spline. I leave the steering wheel nut on the shaft, wedge my knees under the wheel and then pull at the top and bottom at the same time to 'pop' it.

Step 9
                          Once the wheel is off remove the top of the steering column surround, it should just pop off.

Step 10
                          Remove the lower part of the steering column surround.

Step 11
                          Unplug the clock spring.

Step 12
                          Remove the clock spring and replace with new one.

Some will notice that the clock spring I got was offset so I had to modify the blinker reset to put it back in the right position.

Then put it all back together.

Pull the air bag screws out and push them back in from the outside. They will click into place holding them to make it easy to get the into the air bag unit.

NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Rovingman
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2014
                            • Blue mountains

Mate great effort im sure that will be awesome for the forum!!
                            Pajero NT RX 2011
                            Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                            LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• grhyso
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • Perth

Fantastic pictorial of how to remove the steering wheel. I notice your leather steering wheel is very worn and glossy like mine and I have been thinking of replacing it at some point so this should come in handy.

Lastly what is the clock spring?
                              2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• P4J3R0
                                Valued Member
                                • Jun 2013
                                • Brisbane

It connects all the controls and air bag on the steering wheel with the car, even when the steering wheel is turning.

It's an amazing device !
                                NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X