• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shifty
    • Jul 2013
    • perth

Originally posted by hiedipro View Post
    I am wondering why the talk is chasing vacuum all over the place when Steve seems to be clearly saying NO VACUUM AT SOURCE, i.e. EGR. I am sure your vacuum hose is hooked to the wrong place. Mine is connected to a stub on a vacuum "pipe ring" that feeds various needs on the engine. The pipe stub is just under the engine cover, opposite the top of the fan.

Secondly the orange light delay has nothing to do with vacuum. The delay is not measured in km but in time. Every time you switch off you reset the ECU. At startup it then senses for 15 minutes (approx 20-25 km, hence the idea) for a general fault to right itself, or, for a stored fault to be erased, if not then it then it flags a solo orange light. This is not to be confused with a [U]specific[U] fault indicators of other modes.
    "Steve seems to be clearly saying" so which is it

egr doesnt have constant vacuum tho. from his picture he posted, i understood that he was checking the wrong place, which is why i asked him to recheck the vacuum supply. and if the vacuum hose runs from the 4wd solenoids to the egr then yes he has got the hoses on wrong.

since i dont have a petrol, maybe you can take a picture of said vacuum pipe and post it so steve-o knows which one to check/how to correctly fit them

and finally with the orange light, i actually ment with time just didnt write it clearly enough

Comment

• hiedipro
      • Dec 2012
      • Brisbane Southside, when home

Steve.
      Here is a view of the vac items that may be your system. The canister s not normally a source of vac but just a reservoir for "surge" purposes, therefore connections should be made away from it. The prime source should be from the manifold somewhere, find that & ensure it is not blocked. Then trace downstream to each item in the circuit.
      I would expect you should be connected to a stub in the line at about #11, which should go to common of 4WD solenoids. Maybe it has been capped off or something else added (maybe what should be onto the EGR?). Put a tee in if necessary. You may have to save it to be able to Zoom it up. All the best, John

Shifty. I wasnt having a go at you. Your info over time has been good & a help to me. Just that a number of posts lost the primary problem.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Drabz86
        • Oct 2011
        • Perth

looking into my problem i found a hose that was missed when i had my water pump O ring leak.

found a vacume hose that was not connected runs up the firewall on the drivers side and goes into the top back of the manifold. once i can get out and test it, i'll let you know how it goes.
        03 NP Pajero 3.5L

Comment

• Steve95
          • Sep 2013
          • Perth WA

Originally posted by hiedipro View Post
          Steve.
          Here is a view of the vac items that may be your system. The canister s not normally a source of vac but just a reservoir for "surge" purposes, therefore connections should be made away from it. The prime source should be from the manifold somewhere, find that & ensure it is not blocked. Then trace downstream to each item in the circuit.
          I would expect you should be connected to a stub in the line at about #11, which should go to common of 4WD solenoids. Maybe it has been capped off or something else added (maybe what should be onto the EGR?). Put a tee in if necessary. You may have to save it to be able to Zoom it up. All the best, John

Shifty. I wasnt having a go at you. Your info over time has been good & a help to me. Just that a number of posts lost the primary problem.
          Thanks Heidpro and Shifty. You guys have been very supportive and I truly appreciate that.

I will check the connection again when I get back home in the evening. I am sure the hoses are connected to the wrong place (previous owner was saying that the mechanic did some jobs to get the GAS system right (plug etc.) and I suppose they might have got the hose connection wrong).

Comment

• Drabz86
            • Oct 2011
            • Perth

sorry steve looks like my problem is now fixed.

i'll upload a few more photo's later for you to have a look where mine go.
            03 NP Pajero 3.5L

Comment

• Steve95
              • Sep 2013
              • Perth WA

Originally posted by Drabz86 View Post
              sorry steve looks like my problem is now fixed.

i'll upload a few more photo's later for you to have a look where mine go.
              Thanks Drabz and good to hear that your problem is fixed. I have uploaded some pics of my pajero's engine (left, front and right) just in case you or any NP owner can pick anything. Otherwise as John suggested, I will put a T connector in this coming weekend.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Shifty
                • Jul 2013
                • perth

i think i figured it out. this might be a little hard to explain.

on the second picture, the front engine one. look at the solenoid directly above the oil cap, now follow those two vacuum hoses on the first picture (lhs engine pic) you'll find both are going to the intake manifold after the butterfly. swap the bottom hose with the egr vacuum hose.

they are really close and could of been mixed up

Comment

• Steve95
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Perth WA

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                  i think i figured it out. this might be a little hard to explain.

on the second picture, the front engine one. look at the solenoid directly above the oil cap, now follow those two vacuum hoses on the first picture (lhs engine pic) you'll find both are going to the intake manifold after the butterfly. swap the bottom hose with the egr vacuum hose.

they are really close and could of been mixed up
                  Shifty - You are a legend. Vacuum is back and the blue and yellow solenoids have vacuum when 4H/2H are selected. Whether it fix the orange flashing light or not, it will be a different story and I will have to wait and see .

Comment

• hiedipro
                    • Dec 2012
                    • Brisbane Southside, when home

Originally posted by Steve95 View Post
                    Shifty - You are a legend. Vacuum is back and the blue and yellow solenoids have vacuum when 4H/2H are selected. Whether it fix the orange flashing light or not, it will be a different story and I will have to wait and see .
                    Great work Shifty. Another vindication of "amateur forum mechs" over in stallers in a hurry.

Comment

• Drabz86
                      • Oct 2011
                      • Perth

has this been fixed now?
                      03 NP Pajero 3.5L

Comment

• Steve95
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Perth WA

Originally posted by Drabz86 View Post
                        has this been fixed now?
                        Yes, I have driven over 400kms since the hoses were swapped and no sign of orange light yet. Got it checked by a mechanic and the front differential is working properly.

Comment

• Drabz86
                          • Oct 2011
                          • Perth

sweet glad you got it working
                          03 NP Pajero 3.5L

Comment

• shaunv8
                            • Apr 2017
                            • Perth WA

Originally posted by Steve95 View Post
                            Please correct me if I am wrong. Is vacuum passed to the solenoid through vacuum pipe assembly 12? Pipe assembly 12 is connected to the EGR like thingy (red in the picture) and no vacuum there. Can the EGR valve be faulty?
                            Hi all, I know this is a bit of a thread dig but it seems as though this was solved, and Im hoping for the same on mine..

I also have no vacuum going to the solenoids so i followed the hose with the check valve back, and it is also plugged into the EGR as per OP. I have looked and looked but cannot find where the vacuum source is for this car, 2007 ML Triton Auto, Petrol 3.5. This is a pic of the motor, red circle is where the vacuum hose is going now.

upload

upload

upload

upload

Comment

• erockzah
                              • Aug 2019
                              • Melbourne

Just picked up my 2005 NP 3.2 diesel today and have the same issue as the OP. The orange light on my started blinking roughly 20 - 30 km in on the journey (or before timer was up on there system).

Based on people being able to fix it, it seems like the issue isn't too hard to fix. What exactly do I do step by step? n00b here or should I just take it to a shop? Thankfully it has a warranty with the purchase but if its just a simple fix i couldn't be stuffed going through the process of that so any help would be great!

Comment

• Maverick3332
                                • Sep 2019
                                • Blackwater

2004 NP Pajero 3.2 DiD

Same problem here guys, if anyone has photos of the running of the vacuum tubes for a diesel that would be appreciated.

Just had a transplanted engine put in, and same thing after about 20-30k's get the light on.

thanks in advance

Bill.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X