Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 18-07-19

Default How difficult to install fog lights & winch on an ARB Deluxe bar

I've been getting quotes for the supply and install of an ARB Deluxe bar + fog lights + winch for my NT Pajero

The best quote I've received so far, for install of the bar itself is $1880 + $420 fitting.

The install charge for foglights and a Smitybilt winch is $100 + $290

The bullbar install cost seems reasonable, but I'd like to save a few $$$ and install the foggies and winch myself. So to those with experience in doing this, just how hard is it to install those 2 items, after the bar is already installed? The Paj comes fitted with foggies and doesn't have headlight washers.

Thanks
Old 18-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudnut View Post
I've been getting quotes for the supply and install of an ARB Deluxe bar + fog lights + winch for my NT Pajero

The best quote I've received so far, for install of the bar itself is $1880 + $420 fitting.

The install charge for foglights and a Smitybilt winch is $100 + $290

The bullbar install cost seems reasonable, but I'd like to save a few $$$ and install the foggies and winch myself. So to those with experience in doing this, just how hard is it to install those 2 items, after the bar is already installed? The Paj comes fitted with foggies and doesn't have headlight washers.

Thanks

Well I have an ARB deluxe bar on an MY16 and I THINK by removing a plate below the winch then Iíll be able to drop my Warn winch for repairs. By eye it looks like it would fit out. Will be close. So it depends on the size of the winch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18-07-19

I bought ARB bar for my NX to replace the Smartbar that was fitted when I bought it.

Removed Smartbar and winch from Paj. Fitted ARB bar, then bolted up winch from underneath.

Had to retrim the bumper where it fitted up tomthe bull bar. Luckily the ARB protruded a bit further around the ouside edge, so got that pretty neat by trimming more off Paj bumper, but inner section beside grill has a bigger gap due to the Smartbar protruding further in that area, but it doesn't look to out of place.

Stedi didn't have DRLs available for the NX bar until about 12 months later. I think they just cliped in. Haven't got around to wiring them up yet

The bar and winch changeover took a very lazy Saturday and half Sunday, working just by myself. Would of been a lot easier with another pair of hands help lift bar.

To fit winch only involves lifting up from underneath and fit 4 bolts through the front of the bar which hold the fairlead and the winch itself. Then a bolt or 2 to hold the contactor box, either mounted tothe bar or hidden elsewhere. Then the wiring.

The winch fitment by itself you could probably do in a few leisurely hours.
Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.
Old 18-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharb View Post
Fitted ARB bar, then bolted up winch from underneath.
Good to know, confirms my suspicions as above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk