• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodMac
    • Aug 2008
    • Sunshine Coast Qld

MK Horn not working

Hi anybody know which fuse is for the horn, my fuse panel in the footwell does not have the cover, tried to find a diagram on the net but no luck.
    Need to check the fuse next then look at the steering wheel centre.
    The horn tests OK off the vehicle however the steering wheel 'horn push' centre does not feel as though it is working properly, any clues how to get the centre off to check the contacts.
    Rod Mac
    Sunny Coast
    MK V6 Manual 2005 GLX-R.

Horn now working, looks like it was dirty contacts at the horn itself, a vigorous pushing on and off cleaned out some dirt.
    But would still like a fuse box diagram if one is available please.
    Last edited by RodMac; 06-02-19, 03:51 PM.
  • bundyjr
    • Sep 2012
    • brisbane

is a air bag steering wheel.?

Comment

• RodMac
      • Aug 2008
      • Sunshine Coast Qld

Hi Yes it is, so do not really want to play with it without some hints or clues.

Comment

• bundyjr
        • Sep 2012
        • brisbane

Back side of the steering wheel should have a couple of hex style screws that
        you undo which releases the airbag from the steering wheel then simply unplug it.
        With Battery disconnected of curse

Comment

• greybeard
          • Jan 2008
          • WA

Well, this inspired me to fix my horn.
          FWIW on mine it turns out that it was the connections to the horn relay that were loose/intermittent. Unplugging the horn relay and using some small needle nose pliers I tweaked (technical term) all of the connectors so the gripped the relay lugs better.
          I could hear the relay clicking but no horn. The relay checked out ok and the horn worked when I shorted the relay contacts (normally open)
          For reference the horn relay is the smaller rear one on the driver side guard next to the the ABS gizmo.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X