• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hill
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Adelaide

BP Ultimate and EGR deplete should give a combined increase in fuel efficiency of around 3.5%

Hill
    200 Series
    AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• basil
      • Apr 2012
      • Gembrook

I have just replaced my factory fuel filter after 30,000 kms which for me is pushing it, and I have always filled up from BP outlets where possible. When cutting the used filter open to inspect it, I was amazed at how clean the element was.
      I run the 3 micron secondary filter after it and expected more debris to be honnest in the primary filter.
      I will continue filling up from the same outlet that's for sure.
      Just thought it might be of interest to some.

Cheers,

Comment

• bacon
        Banned
        • Feb 2015
        • Australia

Originally posted by Hill View Post
        BP Ultimate and EGR deplete should give a combined increase in fuel efficiency of around 3.5%

Hill

Pigs might fly 3.5%

Comment

• paj whisperer
          • May 2013
          • Ellenbrook

Originally posted by Kumabear View Post
          I have used both, Caltex vortex Diesel and BP Ultimate Diesel.

I can definitely tell you at least in my car there is a huge difference between both of them and regular diesel, my paj feels much less refined at idle and under load with strong boost when running on regular.
          Adrian
          2010 NT GLS - Maxxis 980 Bravo A/T 275/65R17, ARB Bullbar&Tow Bar Pack, Rhino Rack Platform, Sunseeker II Awning, Milford Cargo Barrier, Sandgrabba Mats,TJM Airtec Snorkel, Dr Air Pro 150L/m, Oricom UHF280, 1100mm TREDS, SPVi EGR Module Mk3.1 Plug and Play, Scorpion Quad Diff Breather Kit, Bushskinz Under Body Protection, Runva 11XP, Red Arc Dual battery Setup, Donaldson Fuel Filter, Rear Cargo Drawers Custom made,Batman Lights
          Next Project: Rear Gull Wing windows

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Never really noticed any difference in brands between companies with the diesel. I know in the motorbike if I use the highest premium available the mileage is about 1.5-2klm per litre better...
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• GOSSAMER
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2008
              • doncaster east vic

My car prefers Shell I drove from Melbourne to Brisbane and back towing the camper and kept records of each fill and how many k's for each tank and i found i always got better economy on each tank of Shell v's Caltex and BP. I cant comment as i never looked if it was ultimate when i went to BP as i never looked and i think all Caltex are Vortex???
              Back from the Dark side
              NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Ent
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2014
                • Tasmania

I keep very complete MPG records and frankly I struggle to pick any difference between the brands. Maybe in Tassie it all comes out of the one tank?

About the only major effect on fuel consumption is speed and flatness of terrain. Stick to 100 kmph indicated (92 actual) and you will get good fuel consumption. Cruise at 110 kmph actual (118 indicated) and you get a real hit.
                2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

• Hill
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by bacon View Post
                  Pigs might fly 3.5%
                  At times pig can fly.

The EGR deplete will increase economy by around 3%. 0.5% is not too much to ask from BP Ultimate.

The 3% is well documented on the web and I have posted references to this material on this site.

Have a search for some research, fit an EGR delete if not done so already, fill up with BP ultimate and record some data.

Perhaps you Paj may also be able to fly like a pig and if not there is always the bacon option!

Hill
                  Last edited by Hill; 05-11-15, 07:31 PM.
                  200 Series
                  AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Dav080
                    • Apr 2014
                    • Newcastle, Australia

I was running on Caltex Vortex religiously and eventually I was getting surging issues that happens with NS Pajeros overtime. I switched to BP Ultimate and I no longer get the surging at all. I have read that BP Ultimate has good lubrication properties and suspect that this may be assisting the suction control valve. I did mention it to my MM mechanic and he said it was most likely a coincidence.

As long as its running well though, I'll be sticking to the BP Ultimate.

Davo
                    NS 3.2 Diesel 25th Anniversary, ARB Sahara Bar, Lightforce LED215 driving lights, Bilstein shocks, Lovell Springs, ARB Snorkel, Cooper AT3 tyres, Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB, SPVI module and EGR Blanking plate.

Comment

• Backpaje
                      • Oct 2014
                      • Blackburn Vic

I have a habit of trying to only fill will BP Ultimate and always ask those servos that dont have it "why not"....Tonight the fella at the station said there's only x3 in Melbourne. Fortunately 1 is near me on Blackburn Rd. The general consensus is 'it's all about demand'.
                      I dont know how BP could ascertain demand with only x3 petrol stations in Melbourne, that dont advertise such and the average person wouldnt understand the difference. They certainly advertise Ultimate for unleaded cars and where applicable the cars manufacturers recommended to use the high octane fuels. Until manufacturers start recommending high cetane diesel I cant see petrol companies improving their product.
                      Frustrating as I certainly see an improvement in power likewise to using standard unleaded and ultimate or 98 octane in my wifes car.

If only we could start a petition to influence BP to provide more outlets with it.

Ps dont be sucked in to Caltex Special diesel which only seems to have anti foaming agents in it.
                      2007 VRX DID Auto Champagne; MM Bull bar; 100w HID Spotties; SPV Mod; Cooper ST Maxx 265/65/18's; Prodigy P2 controller; full roof racks; diff and trans breathers. B&L S/D lift kit; polyairs; internal LED's; Bushskinz X4 bash plates; dual battery kit; waeco cfx 40; Auto valve kit upgrade
                      Lots to come in time ;

Comment

• spot01
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Adelaide

The BP website has a service station locator, select advanced options, select Ultimate Diesel and it will show all sites in Melb (or anywhere) that sell it. More than 3, it would appear.
                        Last edited by spot01; 14-11-15, 10:09 PM.
                        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Poita
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Adelaide

I try to fill up with BP Ultimate where possible. It may not be any better, but I have never heard of anyone having issues with BP fuel, but I have with others, so for peace of mind, BP Ultimate it is!
                          Luckily there is a nice new one (with pretty cheap fuel!) on the way to work and two more not far from home so plenty of choice.
                          NW VRX MY2013
                          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Smallfry
                            • Apr 2014
                            • Bowen Qld

I have noticed lately that BP show on their receipt 10ppm Diesel & Caltex have Vortec & Truck diesel
                            2014 Black VRX NW Pajero - ARB Winch Bar, Dual Battery, Hayman Reese H/Duty Tow kit inc Electric Brake module, Engel 40L Fridge, Sunroof, Tint, Boo's Bash Plates, IPF Spotlights, Kings HD Springs & Bilstein shocks 2" Lift, 58L LRA Aux Fuel Tank, AOB Quad Breather kit, Fuel Manager 2u secondary fuel filter, 120amp Anderson outlet, Roo Systems RTT, GME TX3520W 80ch UHF,Stedi Fog/DRL, Redarc Pyro & Battery gauges, Western Filters Catch Can, 150W Solar Blanket, still in progress

Comment

• spot01
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Smallfry View Post
                              I have noticed lately that BP show on their receipt 10ppm Diesel & Caltex have Vortec & Truck diesel
                              Anything other than Ultimate or Vortex probably means regular diesel - always check what is shown on the pump, as some servos have both regular & premium diesel.
                              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X