• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

The missus arrived home from a country trip once and asked me what the ticking noise was? She had run the LRA tank dry for around 3 hrs! No damage done and it's pumped multiple loads of fuel since then
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

So, another advantage of the single long range replacement tank on the way from ARB - very user friendly & no risk of mistakes, no reliance on pumps, etc.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
        So, another advantage of the single long range replacement tank on the way from ARB - very user friendly & no risk of mistakes, no reliance on pumps, etc.
        The pumps are ever so reliable and bullet proof. The posts above are testament to that. So I see your user friendly and reliable and raise you a good example.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not bagging the ARB product. I think it has very real potential...when it finally gets here. But the issues above are non existent IMO.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Onslow
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2007
          • Perth, Western Australia

Spot on Sharkcaver; it's not an issue with any of the good tanks.
          NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• selaga
            • Jan 2008
            • Sydney Western Suburbs

Guys,

Got couple of questions..... NS X SWB.....oil burner...

As I understand there are three suppliers of aux tanks for SWB, LR/LRA @65L and BD @70L ?

A noob Q here....when you fill up, how do you do it ? What I mean how do you know which tanks get filled up first and how do you fill the second one if it holds slightly more ? Does it spill over from one pipe to the other ? Or do you point the nozzle into each hole respectively ?

Cheers,
            NT SWB VRX DiD - rare beast in burgundy...

Comment

• sharkcaver
              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by selaga View Post
              Or do you point the nozzle into each hole respectively ?

Cheers,
              Correct.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• selaga
                • Jan 2008
                • Sydney Western Suburbs

Thanks for prompt response...It makes sense, just hard to figure out from the install pics.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Sydney

So...you have to choose which hole of the brown Davis? sounds confusing.

I don't think I'd want anyone near my brown davis
                  NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• selaga
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Sydney Western Suburbs

..oh dear....

Comment

• Andrei.s
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Sydney

hey guys,
                      just wanted to share a bit of an opinion...
                      i'm having long range aux tank and... despite what's volume is in it - the pump hardly can get more than 50l ... at least after really long time working in a RED zone (fuel tank gauge) - i managed to fill not more than 50l into the aux tank.

just thought probably it worth take into consideration..

Comment

• m_and_m
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by Andrei.s View Post
                        hey guys,
                        just wanted to share a bit of an opinion...
                        i'm having long range aux tank and... despite what's volume is in it - the pump hardly can get more than 50l ... at least after really long time working in a RED zone (fuel tank gauge) - i managed to fill not more than 50l into the aux tank.

just thought probably it worth take into consideration..
                        I have a 58L LRA but can usually fit 62-64L into it. There's a trick to fully emptying it. I put the car on a front left down angle to get the last drop transferred. Ignore the gauge. You know it's empty by the sound if the pump clacking loudly.
                        2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                        2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                        Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• underdog
                          • Jan 2015
                          • Campbelltown, NSW.

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                          So...you have to choose which hole of the brown Davis? sounds confusing.

I don't think I'd want anyone near my brown davis
                          He's probably talking about the filler neck. Most auxiliary tanks come with dual filler holes, so you can top up the tanks separately. I had the same thing with my old LRA auxiliary.

MY advice (if you're filling both tanks full), fill up the main tank first, as the fumes from some servos are enough to keep the damn bowser pump clicking (not giving you fuel), so fill the bigger tank first, then slowly fill the smaller tank (whichever that is for you)
                          2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
                          Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • Sydney

I think you've missed what I was saying. Try thinking like a 14yo boy (with his mind in the gutter)
                            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• underdog
                              • Jan 2015
                              • Campbelltown, NSW.

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                              I think you've missed what I was saying. Try thinking like a 14yo boy (with his mind in the gutter)
                              Oooooh. Yeah I'm an idiot. Must have been in a super literal mood then haha.
                              2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
                              Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• GrumpySmurf
                                • Apr 2013
                                • Perth

Sorry to drag up an old post but i thought it would be better than starting a new one.
                                I bought a used NT diesel with a Long Ranger aux tank. It has the dual filler holes behind the cap.
                                The first time i filled it up today and the diesel nozzle from a standard diesel pump would not go into the hole?! Is this normal? I had to aim the diesel into the holes with the nozzle just outside the holes. I did check 3 times it was diesel. And it was not a fast flow.

Also, what would happen if the main tank is full and someone turns on the transfer pump? Would there be a whole mess of diesel overflowing?
                                Pajero NS Exceed
                                Done: HID & LED Driving Lights, Nudge Bar, Bushskinz Bash plates, Roof Rack, UHF, Awning, Bilstein & Lovells 50mm lift, 285/60/18 A/T Tyres, 160W Solar, 120Ah ARK Battery, Waeco CF-50

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X