• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhula
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • South of Perth

Aldi roof bars

Was at our nearby Aldi today and picked up a pair of roof bars for < $40.

Lockable legs to prevent theft, fit Paj's (and others) with roof rails only.

Rated to carry 90kg and weigh in at SFA by my 'pick em up by hand' scales.

Bars are oval shaped so should be relativly quiet in the wind.

Not all Rola, Rhino, Prorack etc bits and pieces will fit or might need some modification to make fit.

Not sure if it's an Aldi wide thing as haven't seen them in any recent catalogue or online so YMMV but worth a look if you're driving by.

The store I was at had 5 or 6 sets left after I got mine.
    2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
    2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

I have ALDI ones too and they are ok. Just be mindful that the black plastic caps at both ends of each bar are very easy to break or fall off. I superglued mine.
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• Two Emms
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2020
      • Mansfield, Vic

Just got some of these Aldi bars yesterday. Bought 2 sets as I wanted to be able to to have 3 bars. Got there as the shop opened and got 2 of the four sets they had in stock so if you want some you may have to search around a bit. 80 bucks a set so 3 bars and a spare for about a hundred bucks less than a name brand would cost for a set of 2 bars!! Quality looks good and they feel solid. Easy to fit and look as good as anything else available. Will do me to hang an awning off and lay the occasional fishing rod on but I reckon they would be able to handle a lot more.
      2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• Two Emms
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2020
        • Mansfield, Vic

Just got some of these Aldi bars yesterday. Bought 2 sets as I wanted to be able to to have 3 bars. Got there as the shop opened and got 2 of the four sets they had in stock so if you want some you may have to search around a bit. 80 bucks a set so 3 bars and a spare for about a hundred bucks less than a name brand would cost for a set of 2 bars!! Quality looks good and they feel solid. Easy to fit and look as good as anything else available. Will do me to hang an awning off and lay the occasional fishing rod on but I reckon they would be able to handle a lot more.

Whoops sorry for the double post
        But an update.....the bars don't howl at speed. Wouldn't know they were there. Very happy
        Last edited by Two Emms; 09-02-20, 06:40 PM.
        2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• gas55
          • Apr 2015
          • Port Macquarie

Got the Aldi bars about 4 years ago now, (also the LED bar), and both great.
          Have had some serious weight of timber on with no trouble, and also glued the end caps on.
          You will need the fill-in strips underneath as mine made a lot of wind noise even at low speed without.
          The weight capacity is better than a lot more expensive brands.
          Good luck.
          Greg

Comment

• Jasonmc73
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2019
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by gas55 View Post
            Got the Aldi bars about 4 years ago now, (also the LED bar), and both great.
            Have had some serious weight of timber on with no trouble, and also glued the end caps on.
            You will need the fill-in strips underneath as mine made a lot of wind noise even at low speed without.
            The weight capacity is better than a lot more expensive brands.
            Good luck.
            May I ask what a fill in strip is?
            Appreciated.
            Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Keithyv
              Valued Member
              • May 2018
              • Perth

Some roof rack bars have a open strip along the bottom or top of the cross rails (think of a nearly closed off flattened C shape) This can cause whistling at certain speeds. Fill in strip of rubber or plastic stops this.
              Last edited by Keithyv; 15-02-20, 01:21 PM.
              2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
              MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Two Emms
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2020
                • Mansfield, Vic

The Aldi bars came with the infill strip for the bottom of the bars. Just had to cut it to length.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2019
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                  Some roof rack bars have a open strip along the bottom or top of the cross rails (think of a nearly closed off flattened C shape) This can cause whistling at certain speeds. Fill in strip of rubber or plastic stops this.
                  Thanks
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Two Emms
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2020
                    • Mansfield, Vic

They're back!

We know you've heard about them. ALDI’s Special Buys can include anything from electronics, gardening to clothing & furniture. Get a sneak peek of what's coming today.

Next Saturday in Vic. I notice that the price is creeping up but I have had these fitted to my nx rails for six months and can recommend them.
                    Last edited by Two Emms; 13-08-20, 09:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2019
                      • Brisbane

Bloody $89, 3 months ago from memory, but i never had a car to fit them too

Do they have different lengths?

Comment

• Two Emms
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2020
                        • Mansfield, Vic

I paid $79.99 from memory. They were all the same length when I got mine. Mind you they only had four sets in stock. All sold in the first ten minutes.

It's mentioned earlier in the thread the plastic ends may fall out. I put a bit of silicone on mine and all good. The silicone doesn't stick well to the plastic so you can take the ends off but still holds them in place.

They have a slot in the top of the bar. A 1/4 inch coach bolt fits real nice. The head stays in the bar, the slot holds the square shank section of the bolt and the thread sticks up to attach whatever you like. I used a piece of 100mm pvc pipe and plumbing brackets, hey presto! a fishing rod holder.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2019
                          • Brisbane

Your rods lay flat along roof?

I've been waiting to see these again, now just to remember to buy them

& of course i work next Saturday a.m

Comment

• Two Emms
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2020
                            • Mansfield, Vic

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
                            Your rods lay flat along roof?
                            Sort of. Pipe lays on roof bars. U shaped brackets hold it on, rods, in bags, slide inside pipe.

Comment

• colins
                              • Feb 2020
                              • SCARBOROUGH

my Aldi bars are great - already lost one of the black plugs on one of the ends

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X