• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billybob
    • Jul 2016
    • gold coast

NP pajero rear shock length

Hi all I am hoping someone could help me with open/closed length of std rear shockers for a 2004 NP V6 wagon as I have recently had ome fitted by ARB and are having knocking problems in rear ever since and it appears I have less travel than std setup as rear wheels do not hand down when jacked up like they did before ome were fitted with nearly a 50mm lift Anyone's help with this is much appreciated

Regards Bill
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

The front and rear suspension is the same from from NM through to the NX, and I have done a lot of work on NT,N W and NX Pajero's. So if someone has factory suspension liking around they maybe able to check. Suggest you post in "Where the the rubber hits the road" or "Market place" sub forums and look for someone who is selling their near new suspension.

I too have found OME rear shockers short on travel, whilst I do not have factory specifications I do have OME and Oztec specifications.

Front OME 333mm/474mm Oztec 333mm/484mm.
    Rear OME 349mm/524mm Oztec 355mm/585mm. That correct a 61mm difference!
    See post below, latest OME information has rear shocker at 354mm/582mm

OJ.
    Last edited by old Jack; 05-03-19, 10:45 AM.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• billybob
      • Jul 2016
      • gold coast

Rear Suspension

Thank-You very much for that info I have ome rear shocks 60019 582mm open 354 closed and I am getting a knock in rear on compression and decompression when driving down dips or along sand bumps! Trying to deal with ARB is becoming difficult at Burleigh store so I am dealing with Head Office to sort out as I believe the rear if lacking travel due to shocker and therefore possibly causing the double knock I am getting and must say it is concerning considering std suspension did not do this!

Regards Bill

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by billybob View Post
        Thank-You very much for that info I have ome rear shocks 60019 582mm open 354 closed and I am getting a knock in rear on compression and decompression when driving down dips or along sand bumps! Trying to deal with ARB is becoming difficult at Burleigh store so I am dealing with Head Office to sort out as I believe the rear if lacking travel due to shocker and therefore possibly causing the double knock I am getting and must say it is concerning considering std suspension did not do this!

Regards Bill

I just had a look at the latest edition of the ARB OME International Catalogue and it is listing 2 different rear shockers.

PN 60019 for light to medium spring rates 354mm/582mm.
        PN 60033 for heavy spring rates 354mm/584mm.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

I never recorded oem shock strokes.

I have however recorded ARB/Bilstein and Dobbo MRR values.

The Bilstein and ARB are the same closed length, around the 350 mark. I am running ARB's atm and no knocking.

The Dobbo MRR closed length is 400, a whopping 2" of compressed length short of the ARB/Bilstein. They didn't knock originally either, so I dont think shock compressed length is your issue.

Both the ARB and the Bilstein however do limit downward travel (when you lift a wheel from the ground for instance)
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X