• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
    Hey mate do you have to take the boot off or do you just poke the new wire up it and hope it turns the corner to get through the firewall? I’ve gotta install an aerial soon.
    I taped the end of the aerial wire to a paddle pop stick and fed it through. I found you need to be gentle but firm. Also I assume you will have undone the two 10mm bolts holding the ring over the boot.
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

When I put extra cables into the cabin from the engine bay, I unscrewed the frame holding the large rubber boot, and found it much easier to feed the cables in. When finished, simply bolt the flange frame back into place.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

Wiring from engine bay into cabin --NX

So I had a look at this today and found that being an Ex-Cop GLX5 they’ve previously used the rubber boot and siliconed it over. Found some kind of radio connector on the inside presumably from an old radio which I should be able to remove. Can’t find the wire coming out the bottom of the boot so they probably just cut it off on the inside. See photos. Connector not in focus sorry.

So then I thought beauty, I’ll just cut back through the silicon or remove it and resilicone it after.

And then I read a comment in a thread on here about UHF cable should be well away from ECU loom etc. Googled a bit further and found this on a Toyota forum, see below. Just the manufacturer covering themselves? Or valid concern. Obviously lots of people doing it already so how bad can it be. Read on the D-Max forum that their manual says it can even trigger airbags potentially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
          Valued Member
          • May 2017
          • Sydney

Is this maybe just not an issue and everybody wires through next to the main wiring loom and there are no ill effects?

Comment

• sharkcaver
            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
            • May 2009
            • Perth

I have run mu coax thru the boot, next to the wiring on 2 paj's now. No issue.
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
              Valued Member
              • May 2017
              • Sydney

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
              Cool thanks mate

Comment

• Ian H
                Valued Member
                • May 2015
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                Same here.
                2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X