• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hol
    • Jan 2018
    • Skennars Head 2478

90000 k service

Hi anyone had a 90000k service done lately, have heard some pretty high amounts mentioned. 75000k was done by selling dealer and being first after capped servicing increased substantially in price, next may have to be done by them for extended warranty
    Cheers. Hol
  • amec
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Wamberal

Have not had it done yet but was quoted $1600 from the local dealership. Mine was dropped off today for the 75k service $1046 quoted. I have asked for evidence that the valve clearances have been done. The valve check is a bit of a process to get to them. Previous experience has created some trust issues.

Whats in the book to be done, think there is an auto flush and trans filter change from memory. Is it timing belt as well? My books are with the car at the dealer so cant check.....
    PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Kingbrown
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2012
      • Port Augusta - SA

Amec, as per attached:

Challenger Service Schedules.pdf
      2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Hol
        • Jan 2018
        • Skennars Head 2478

Originally posted by amec View Post
        Have not had it done yet but was quoted $1600 from the local dealership. Mine was dropped off today for the 75k service $1046 quoted. I have asked for evidence that the valve clearances have been done. The valve check is a bit of a process to get to them. Previous experience has created some trust issues.

Whats in the book to be done, think there is an auto flush and trans filter change from memory. Is it timing belt as well? My books are with the car at the dealer so cant check.....
        My 75000 was about $1100

Comment

• Rob Kenning
          • Sep 2014
          • Armidale NSW

I just had my 2014 PC done last week by the local dealer. Cost came in at $1100, as I had done the cabin filter and fuel filter earlier. Tappets weren't done - they get adjusted at 105000kms. I asked for my old belts back, and on inspection, they are in pristine condition. The Chally has had a life of freeway driving at 2000 RPM, so she's had it easy.
          MY 14 PC Challenger Manual. Bog stock so far.

Comment

• KevL
            • May 2015
            • Murphys Creek

90k service at dealer about 2 months ago, $1500. Most fluids, timing/balance shaft belts, auto trans. Valve inspection was audible.
            Nothing under the bonnet is cheap, was quoted same or worse at several reliable independents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• live_1991
              • Jun 2012
              • darwin

Got Quoted 1700 for the 90k Service, does not include the timing belt.......... Umm might have to go a third party.

God Damn Darwin being so small

Comment

• Hol
                • Jan 2018
                • Skennars Head 2478

Service

Had it done yesterday they did everything (I hope) including timeing belt. Quoted $1949 then asked for rego check, 5 years old now, and air conditioning belt found to need replacing so they did that too and covered it in initial cost so they have a bit to play with. Quoted around that price at several other places.
                Just returned from towing Silverline 15000 kms to W A and back and lock up mate was great, auto transmission temperature didn’t get over 75
                Cheers. Hol

Comment

• littleriver
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Queensland

Originally posted by Hol View Post
                  Had it done yesterday they did everything (I hope) including timeing belt. Quoted $1949 then asked for rego check, 5 years old now, and air conditioning belt found to need replacing so they did that too and covered it in initial cost so they have a bit to play with. Quoted around that price at several other places.
                  Just returned from towing Silverline 15000 kms to W A and back and lock up mate was great, auto transmission temperature didn’t get over 75
                  Cheers. Hol
                  At the end of the day if all is done that's fine..
                  Peace of mind and happy trails.. You can't put a price on satisfaction...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Hol
                    • Jan 2018
                    • Skennars Head 2478

You are so right

Comment

• SwampFox55
                      • Jan 2014
                      • Melbourne

90,000km Service Cost

At the 75,000km service in early 2017 my trusted Mitsy dealer quoted me $1850 for the 90,000km service. 12 months on and the dealer's staff started pestering me by phone and SMS about getting it done as it was due on time. However, as the warranty had expired I would now be getting the services done on distance not time and in any case, I change most fluids more frequently than required by the book. During one of these phone calls they quoted $2300 for the 90,000km service. I told them that this increase was too much and I'd be going elsewhere. That's over 12 times the current CPI.

So I went to my long-time beloved Magna indie (Magnas R Us) and it cost $1544 for the following: everything in the book plus the two accessory belts and a full 'flush' of the ATF but not the brake fluid change, as I'd do that myself. That's about $750 less, not including the extra belts and the full flush (not just a drain and refill) which would have made the Mitsy service even dearer. I did the brake fluid flush yesterday - cost $22. Here are comparison photos of the brake fluid condition before and after. The cloudy one is the old fluid.

Nevertheless I must have an angel on my shoulder. I was right at the end of cleaning-up after the job and accidently flicked the container in which I had the disassembled and cleaned brake fluid drain kit. I couldn't believe my eyes as the small ball bearing from the valve flew right across the garage and hit a small bit of tin on the opposite wall. If I'd tried to do it, it'd never happen! I then spent half and hour looking for the ball bearing and eventually gave up. Later in the afternoon as I was walking back to the garage with the sun now low on the horizon and shining under the other car in the garage, I could see a small spec of reflected sunlight from the drip tray - ball bearing found. I'd already checked the floor (including with a torch) but never checked the drip tray. The bearing had flown like one of those trick shots in snooker. It flew across a double garage, bounced off a narrow strip of tin, then onto the floor, then bounced under the other car and over the lip of the drip tray to come to rest in the middle of the tray, just where the sun would shine 2 hours later. I still had to be in the right place at the right time to see it. 30mins later the sun went behind a tree and I wouldn't have found it for weeks. Just one of those serendipitous moments in life I suppose.

By the way, the accessory belts are 'on-condition' replacement parts. At the 90,000km service I had them replaced because I'd previous experince with similar belts in the past. 11 years ago my TH wagon threw an alternmator belt at 120,000km. The timing (camshaft) belt had been replaced as required at the 100,000km service but the 'on-condition' alternator belt had looked fine and the mechanic had left it on. I didn't know it hadn't been replaced at that service because I'd just asked him to replace the belts. When it eventually let go, I was in the country and after the second RACV rescue guy turned-up, 4 hours later, he trailered my car to his workshop 30km away. We tried 2 Mitsy dealers in two nearby towns but none had a replacement belt. In the end a friend drove to the town where I was now stranded and we drove to yet another town and picked one up from Repco - 3 hours waisted out of his day. The RACV guy then scratched my car with his open zipper on his overalls while fitting the belt, which took 5 mins. Total stuffing around time was over 8 hours. So learn from someone else's bad experience.

Here's a photo of the PB's original alternator belt with a small crack. The serpentine accessory belt in the background is in perfect condition and I now carry them as spares in my bush kit. Both were replaced at 91,000km. The alternator belt has numerous minor cracks around the inner circumference and the largest one is pointed out in the photo. This wear could not be seen in situ, just like on the TH alternator belt a decade ago. As I've been in several remote areas with this cracked belt since the 75,000km service, I would not be happy continuing beyond 90,000km with it in that condition. In the future I'll continue having all the belts changed at 90,000km intervals. If you haven't had them replaced by the time you get to that service, just get them changed because the extra cost is nothing compared to getting stranded on the side of the road or worse, in the middle of nowhere. Even then, if you don't carry your own, you might be waiting days for one to get shipped-in and freighted-out.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by SwampFox55; 04-11-18, 09:31 PM.
                      White 2012 PB auto with Mitsy towbar, Smart Bar, CB radio, Philips +100% high-beam bulbs, +60% low-beam, 265 J-Trax ATs, headlight protectors, rear dust deflector, mudflap extensions & ALDI roof racks.

Comment

• chudatkin
                        • Nov 2017
                        • Lennox Head

My local dealer in Lismore quoted me $2500 plus for 90k service including changing timing belt (belt only, no pulleys or water pump) and two accessory belts.

Got a few quotes elsewhere from recommended independent workshops nearby. Repco was on par with dealer, another place in Lismore came to $1850 but I settled on a place in Ballina that did the whole lot for $1350!

I went with them because they are a repair/ panel/ paint shop as well as a service garage and detailer etc. They get lots of business as a preferred AAMI repairer as well as various fleet maintenance contracts. Means they don't have to rip off everyday owners. Also got to speak to the mechanic himself and he seemed to know his sh*t and could give me straightforward answers to various questions I had.

Opposite is true for dealers... Dealer service centres are under pressure to charge more as margins on new car sales become smaller and smaller with more competition in the market. You also only ever speak to service managers who don't actually work on your car (but still need to have their salary covered) not to mention higher rental costs for dealership locations, extra costs for fancy waiting areas and shuttle buses etc. Someone has to pay for all that...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
                        2011 XLS Challenger, White, Rhino Rack Vortex Bars and Roof Cage, Munji EGR Delete Kit - otherwise stock (for now...)

Comment

• reelmick
                          • Jun 2014
                          • lake macquarie

I've been following the posts on servicing and timing belts to get info etc ,now the servicing costs are nill for me (ret. plant mech.)but the belt jobs amuse me ,just purchased the to belts from evil bay dayco 94522 and dayco 941043 total cost delivered $46.05 and i'll do it myself and check idlers etc when dismantled so anyone can cut costs on parts if they want to, then find a reasonable mechanic to do it ,the variation in labour seems incredible. Mick

Comment

• littleriver
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Queensland

Originally posted by reelmick View Post
                            I've been following the posts on servicing and timing belts to get info etc ,now the servicing costs are nill for me (ret. plant mech.)but the belt jobs amuse me ,just purchased the to belts from evil bay dayco 94522 and dayco 941043 total cost delivered $46.05 and i'll do it myself and check idlers etc when dismantled so anyone can cut costs on parts if they want to, then find a reasonable mechanic to do it ,the variation in labour seems incredible. Mick
                            well done ...

Wouldn’t it be wise to get the kit .. includes Tensioners, idler & seals ? or do you think they are good for 200k km (change water pump at that time also)

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• reelmick
                              • Jun 2014
                              • lake macquarie

i'll change them if they need it after dismantle and inspection. also on ebay a full kit is only $289 ,if you want to save $$, on the forums most people say the old parts are in good condition and I've found that through my working life , you have to take into account i'm doing the work myself so whats another 3hours later on to change an idler if it gets noisy. Mick.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X