• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian Sharpe
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2000
    • Tasmania

Originally posted by sub888 View Post
    The pricing I have seen fr the kakadu is around 96 k excluding on road. So well over a 100k with on roads and a couple of boxes ticked on the accesory list!.

The way the bumper meets the front guards, I would be surprized if there will be any front bars available.
    yeah good point. Designers nightmare!
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Ian Johnston
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2010
      • Mount Gambier, SA

It looks like the grill is attached to the bumper. It will give ARB a headache trying to sort that one out
      2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
      Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
      2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• NTX
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2010
        • Niddrie, Melbourne.

If I found myself driving one, I think it would always pay to find yourself a Dodge Nitro to park next too. (Also know as Dodge Ogre or Dodge Shrek) It would look half decent in that sort of company…..
        2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• hobbo
          Valued Member
          • May 2009
          • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Toyota Drops Ball

Very Old 3.0L Diesel Technology
          Hugely Underpowered compared to Most others
          Very Dated 5 Spd Auto, compared to Most others
          Very Dated Chassis/Suspension/Live Rear Axle
          Very Dated Plastics in the Interior/Poor Fit
          Toyota Has Relaxed on its Good Name
          and Got Caught Napping like Henry Ford's T Model!
          And Toyota Still Wants their Faithful Customers to
          Pay a Premium Price for this Old School Reliability?
          Looks are in the eye of the beholder, but they could have done better.
          NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

• Pauno
            • Dec 2012
            • Newcastle

They are still so much more refined than the pajero despite all the negatives. I regularly go in a friends and I feel the difference is huge despite both our cars being less than 2 years old with similar kms. The price just turns me off everytime.
            Last edited by Pauno; 18-11-13, 08:30 PM.
            NW Exceed

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

In terms of NVH, Prado wins - I don't think I've ever heard anybody claim otherwise. These days, the Pajero has an edge when it comes to diesel engines, but not everybody cares. I think the Prado V6 beats the Paj relatively easily.

Off road, I believe there are instances where the Prado's solid rear axle helps, particularly for stability. Having had base Prado and base Pajero on the same off road terrain, I am very happy to be driving a Pajero.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• hobbo
                Valued Member
                • May 2009

After going to Jakem's Farm we Know where the Live Axle has it Limitations, I had a Live Axle Prado try to keep up with my Pajero on a Very Bad Corragated Road at 110km, Not a chance! I Know a Prado has No Chance keep up with a Gen 3 plus around the city street corners, so that only leaves? A good V6 with a Spongey Ride and Plenty of Body Roll and Poor Towing Capacity.
                NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

• Fritterbug
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2013
                  • Brisbane

I have an NW for myself and a 150 for work.
                  I find that the Prado has a quieter cabin and the interior plastics feel better put together as there are very few squeaks and rattles apart from the cargo barrier.

However despite any price difference I would prefer the Pajero with its better ride and handling on all surfaces. Much better seating position and general interior feel.
                  I don't think I could look at the 150 dash regularly knowing that I actually paid money for it.

I've never found the 150 to feel under powered but I have never.towed with it. The Pajero does an excellent job towing the camper.

I like the 150 key system most of the time but not the back door and the proximity thing has meant the car is unlocked sometimes without me knowing if I leave the keys too close in a motel.
                  MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• hobbo
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2009

Prado does Kills Pajero on NHV because of its Ladder Chassis which Isolates the Engine, G/B, T/C, Diffs, Steering, Suspension etc. from the Cockpit, where as the Pajero being a Monocoque Chassis/Body allows NHV directly into the Cockpit. I see the All New Patrol has gone the Way of the Pajero? with It's All New Monoque Chassis/Body at Considerable Expense. Nissan may be On to Something? Yes the Diesel can only tow 2500km Braked and from All Reports they are Gutless Wonders Towing Bigger Vans and Chew through Diesel Trying.

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
                      Prado does Kills Pajero on NHV because of its Ladder Chassis
                      Definitely helps, as does the Lexus influence.
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• achjimmy
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • Blue Mtns

Iam not sure that the new Prado is so ugly anymore?
                        Attached Files
                        Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
                        MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
                        99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by achjimmy View Post
                          It all depends on whether you define ugly in absolute terms, or as something relative.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• peejay68au
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • nsw

Originally posted by achjimmy View Post
                            Wonder if it's related to optimus prime?
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Mintox
                              • Sep 2013
                              • Western Australia

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
                              HA! HA! HA! Dats phunny. Maybe some truth to it. Seems to be also inspired by JEEP looking at those vertical teeth. Never have liked those bulging plastic headlight lenses and they have reused them again.
                              I'm glad its not just me then. I have hated Toyotas use of those stupid bugling light lenses on their cars. Does my head in.
                              My12 NW Platinum DID Auto, ARB Delux Bar, RidgeRyder 12000LB winch, Rhino Roof Racks, Twin Rhino Jerry can holders, OffRoad Battery Tray + Yellow Top D34, OME suspension (Hvy duty front, medium duty rear), Poly airbags rear, Toyo 265/70/R17, GME TX3220 UHF, TJM snorkel, TJM sump and transmission bash plates, ARB compressor, KOR LED 80Watt driving lights, RedArc BCDC1220.

Comment

• activnt
                                • May 2010

Would never touch a prado.... Had my mind set on one before the paj but couldn't stand it. Yes the NVH is better in prado but I paid $1k to put dyna mat thru my paj and it's now quieter than my wife's honda accord... No squeaks or issues with my paj either.. Had some at the start when new but a $10 bottle of teflon spray and never had a squeak since with 3 years passed. As for solid rear axle....puh... Twin locker on my paj will walk the prado. Best thing is even after spending the extra $$$ i still paid less than similar equipped prado and the pan is a much better car with better driving/engine/gearbox/reliability/warranty etc etc etc and it doesn't look like a horse that's been smacked in the face unlike the prado
                                2010 Gold ACTiV NT: twin lockers, lift, lights, winch & other stuff

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X