• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by reciprovac View Post
    Just had my valves adjusted on the nw ,also the drive belts replaced cost $950 all up.
    When I questioned the price they said the seals on the injector pipes were perished and they could only get a kit which was $300.
    Regards.
    When I had my valves done 18 months ago, the genuine seal kit was $165, so $300 sounds like a rip off if it is the same kit?
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Techedz
      • Aug 2019
      • South Canberra

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
      When I had my valves done 18 months ago, the genuine seal kit was $165, so $300 sounds like a rip off if it is the same kit?
      I bought the 'valve adjustment seal kit' last week at MM for $154 trade price. Asked for trade because I'd got it where they were previously located with Holden and got it no questions asked. Non-trade was $179. I'll take pics of the inside of my manifold when I pull it apart as there is no service record of it being done in the last 235,000 km. It will be interesting to see how bad it is and if my mileage improves. The best I can get on the highway is 9.3 and around town it sits on 12.8.
      NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Edzhere View Post
        It will be interesting to see how bad it is and if my mileage improves. The best I can get on the highway is 9.3 and around town it sits on 12.8.
        Your Duratrac AT/MT tyres will be chewing at least 1 to 2 litres per 100kms.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Techedz
          • Aug 2019
          • South Canberra

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
          Your Duratrac AT/MT tyres will be chewing at least 1 to 2 litres per 100kms.

OJ.
          True, rated 70% offroad, probably a bit more aggressive than I really needed. But I'm impressed with how quiet they are so far and seem good offroad. Because I ride my bike to work, I'll only do about 10 k year in the Paj.

It will be interesting to see the inside of the manifold and see what improvements I get in fuel economy. I'm away in it at the moment but when I get back I'm going to put the endscope I bought into the manifold to check it out and post picks and figures if I do get improvements after cleaning.
          Last edited by Techedz; 27-12-19, 09:52 PM.
          NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

• geopaj
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by reciprovac View Post
            Just had my valves adjusted on the nw ,also the drive belts replaced cost $950 all up.
            When I questioned the price they said the seals on the injector pipes were perished and they could only get a kit which was $300.
            Regards.
            This could be good value - depending on which injector line ‘seals’ they had issues with... the injector lines can only be removed/refitted 5 times before they need to be replaced. When I did mine, I had trouble getting the lines to seal and ended up having to buy replacement lines (4 @ approximately $120 each or $480 if bought retail via Mitsubishi).

If it was just the injector lines to rocker cover, it seems a bit rough.
            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• pajflareo
              • Feb 2013
              • Syd

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
              This could be good value - depending on which injector line ‘seals’ they had issues with... the injector lines can only be removed/refitted 5 times before they need to be replaced. When I did mine, I had trouble getting the lines to seal and ended up having to buy replacement lines (4 @ approximately $120 each or $480 if bought retail via Mitsubishi).

If it was just the injector lines to rocker cover, it seems a bit rough.
              I was quoted $800 from MMA in December for the 4 lines!

Comment

• Stacho
                • Apr 2018
                • Perth

Dumb question guys, but did anyone see a noticeable improvement after the manifold clean? Would there be anything measurable before and after if I hooked up a scan gauge? Can’t see how boost pressure would read different. It’s more an airflow thing and the turbo would work harder to get the same flow down a restricted intake. So.....anything noticeable that or not?

Comment

• Seigried
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2016
                  • brisbane

Improved fuel economy. Correction of any power loss associated with poor combustion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Techedz
                    • Aug 2019
                    • South Canberra

Manifold clean and valve adjustment

4M41 Diesel - I'm going to do a Manifold clean and valve adjustment at the same time. The last time the valves were done was 92,000 km and the manifold has never been cleaned in 240,000 km. The service history mentions the service interval checks done and when I rang them they said they did whatever was specified in the handbook by MM at the required service intervals, just seems strange they only did the valves once.

I've bought the 'valve adjustment seal kit' which contains the following:

Injector oil seals ×4.........MN158385
                    Fuel pipe seal ×4.........1052A099
                    Rocker cover gasket.......ME192209
                    Throttle Body gasket (1450A147)

I also have the upper chain guide (1140A026) just in case I need it.

Should I replace the timing chain tensioner (1141A045) and timing chain tensioner seal (ME193622) while I am at it or just wait until I can see their condition? The vehicle has had all services by the same non-MM mechanic for all of it's life before me.

Comment

• Stacho
                      • Apr 2018
                      • Perth

Cool. I’d be interested to hear back from you whether you noticed any appreciable difference after the clean.

Comment

• Karlos
                        • Feb 2017
                        • Hunter Valley, NSW

Manifold clean

I’m going to do a manifold clean soon myself and I was wondering what gaskets/seals do I require to pull the manifold completely apart?
                        I was thinking a valve adjustment seal kit (because it has the injector seals apparently ((Thanks Edzhere for the part numbers)) and check adjustment while I am at it) and would probably get a timing chain guide too.
                        But any help on manifold gaskets required etc required? Thanks, Karlos

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Victoria

You would need the manifold gasket and the gasket between the manifold and the intake pipe.
                          If you loosen the fuel return pipe you will need the copper washers for that too.

Probably worth getting just in case.
                          The gasket behind the manifold cover can be reused.

The EGR gaskets can be reused if needed. They dont get changed normally after egr removal for valve clearances, and they seem to be quite resilient.
                          2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• Karlos
                            • Feb 2017
                            • Hunter Valley, NSW

Thanks Dibby! That’ll give me a good run at it!

Comment

• Fbo974
                              • Apr 2019
                              • Reunion Island

Does someone in the forum did a tutorial of this work ?

Comment

• Seigried
                                Valued Member
                                • Apr 2016
                                • brisbane

6 parts. Bad jokes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X