Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Anyone have vibration feedback through steering wheel or accelerator pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jared01
    • Dec 2016
    • Sydney

Anyone have vibration feedback through steering wheel or accelerator pedal?

Hello,

I have had a Pajero Sport for about 4 months now.

I installed BFG TA KO2 tyres and safari snorkel after a few weeks.

I can now feel vibrations through the steering wheel and accelerator pedal and believe it occurred since installing the snorkel.

It is starting to bother me know as I believe it didn't used to be like that.

I don't think it is the tyres and it happens only when the engine is revving.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

I will get some feedback first otherwise wonder if I should mention to the snorkel installer (ARB).
    2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel
  • DID Dash
    • Aug 2016
    • Australia

Snorkels have been known to induce unwanted downsides like increased intake noise, wind noise and vibrations. ARB love to take your money and wash their hands of you as soon as you drive away. Can you eliminate the tyres by swapping back to originals to find out? No vibrations in mine at 15000 kms with standard or offroad tyres, but don’t have a snorkel. Hope you find the cause and a fix.
    17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• jared01
      • Dec 2016
      • Sydney

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
      Snorkels have been known to induce unwanted downsides like increased intake noise, wind noise and vibrations. ARB love to take your money and wash their hands of you as soon as you drive away. Can you eliminate the tyres by swapping back to originals to find out? No vibrations in mine at 15000 kms with standard or offroad tyres, but don’t have a snorkel. Hope you find the cause and a fix.
      I'm pretty dam sure it is not the tyres.

It's only when the engine is revving.

I might mention it to ARB. I was very happy with their service so don't think they will brush me off.

Otherwise it could be something with the car that needs a tighten up at first service but expect Mitsubishi to point at the tyres or snorkel straight away.
      2019 Pajero Sport GLS | Factory Alloy Bullbar | BFGoodrich T/A KO2 265/60/18 Tyres | Hayman Reese Towbar | Rhino Roof Racks | Uniden 8060S and AT970BK Twin Aerial | Safari Snorkel

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

When I had a snorkel fitted to my NX, the guy didn't fit a necessary mounting bracket inside the front guard and it caused a bad noise and vibration until I worked out what the problem was. Perhaps check that they haven't done something similar.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X