• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roypock58
    • Sep 2019
    • Perth

Manifold clean

Mitsubishi dealer has quoted me $1270 to do a manifold clean and valve adjustment. 2012 Diesel 3.2L NW. Sounds awfully expensive. Any recent experience from anyone?
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Roypock58 View Post
    Mitsubishi dealer has quoted me $1270 to do a manifold clean and valve adjustment. 2012 Diesel 3.2L NW. Sounds awfully expensive. Any recent experience from anyone?

Couple of links......

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Pauno
      • Dec 2012
      • Newcastle

Just paid $750 for a 150km service with tappet adjustment and manifold clean. Not sure if it was supposed to get the brake fluid flushed at that service but it didn’t include that.
      The manifold was very clogged as I expected, not the worst he has seen but bad. I would post some photos but don’t know how.
      NW Exceed

Comment

• Roypock58
        • Sep 2019
        • Perth

Thanks.

Comment

• bobthekelpy
          • Apr 2019
          • Melbourne

Just having this done now. Costing me $690 just for the manifold clean, plus extra for the actual service component; oil, filters of course.
          2010 NT GLS

Comment

• Roypock58
            • Sep 2019
            • Perth

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• Techedz
              • Aug 2019
              • South Canberra

Soda blasting the manifold?

I know abrasive and sandblasting will damage the gasket surfaces, but does anyone know if soda blasting the inside of the manifold? I didn't think that would damage the gasket surfaces because it doesn't hurt the glass or chrome on a car?
              NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

• carnut1100
                • Jun 2019
                • brisbane

Soda blasting should be fine.

Oven cleaner works nicely too...

Comment

• Techedz
                  • Aug 2019
                  • South Canberra

Originally posted by carnut1100 View Post
                  Soda blasting should be fine.

Oven cleaner works nicely too...
                  That's good to know, I have a soda blaster 10 minutes away. My car has 230k on it and not sure when/if manifold was ever done but be interesting to see what it looks like when I pull it apart. No egr delete or catch can but I will fit them. All highway miles, car is a one owner that did long trips to Perth 2 times a week, an 850 k round trip with a 30,000 km a year average. The hot highway running would be good for it compared to a car that did city miles.
                  NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

• letsgoplaces
                    • Jul 2014
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Edzhere View Post
                    That's good to know, I have a soda blaster 10 minutes away. My car has 230k on it and not sure when/if manifold was ever done but be interesting to see what it looks like when I pull it apart. No egr delete or catch can but I will fit them. All highway miles, car is a one owner that did long trips to Perth 2 times a week, an 850 k round trip with a 30,000 km a year average. The hot highway running would be good for it compared to a car that did city miles.
                    I bought my NW when it was 3 years old with 102,000 on the clock. It was a rep's car who had a country area to look after. Similar to yours at around 34,000 a year and country driving with the original owner.
                    I had the manifold cleaned after owning it for 8 months at 125,000 and the mechanic said it was well worth doing
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	manifold 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	984858

Click image for larger version

Name:	manifold 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	984859

Comment

• Paul (SA)
                      • Apr 2013
                      • Australia

It's almost criminal that car companies can allow this to happen to vehicles and just wipe their hands of it and say there is no issue.

Comment

• Wrightski
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Melbourne

Hi guys, thanks for the forum, I am hoping to arrange a clean myself and was hoping someone could suggest a reliable mechanic in Melbourne.
                        Thanks

Comment

• pajaj70
                          • Apr 2016
                          • Melbourne

Rhiatech Automotive in Bayswater should be able to help you out. They have performed a full valve clearance adjustment for me, I was happy with there service.
                          NX 2016 GLX , Boos bash plates, catch can and flashlube primary filter.

Comment

• reciprovac
                            • Jan 2011
                            • broadford Victoria, Australia

valve adjustment

Originally posted by Roypock58 View Post
                            Just had my valves adjusted on the nw ,also the drive belts replaced cost $950 all up.
                            When I questioned the price they said the seals on the injector pipes were perished and they could only get a kit which was $300.
                            Regards.
                            2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
                            Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.

Comment

• tommy49
                              • Dec 2018
                              • Melbourne

Originally posted by pajaj70 View Post
                              Rhiatech Automotive in Bayswater should be able to help you out. They have performed a full valve clearance adjustment for me, I was happy with there service.
                              +1 took my car there for a manifold clean very happy with their service

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X