• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blashy
    • Jan 2018
    • Queenstown

Pajero Sport - remove 3rd row of seats

Does anyone have any guide or instructions on how to remove the 3rd row of seats in a 2017 Pajero Sport please?

I don't want to randomly start undoing bolts without knowing exactly how to do it!

Comment

• jnwinkie
      • Feb 2018
      • Vic

A bit more info

Paddymac and mholden.

Thanks for the info, was there any cabling for the seat-belt warning system etc. that you have to deal with?

I am assuming is is the 8 bolts that hold the seat frames in? Does anyone know what the torque load is on these bolts when we go to reinstall?

Thanks all in advance

Comment

• dick
        • May 2012
        • Sydney

Trying to do similar. I!ve removed bolts and screws from rear compartment box but its still well secured at the back near the rear door lock. Is there another fix at the rear or do i just need to be stronger?

Cheers

Comment

• markw829
          • Jul 2019
          • Upwey

I am having the same trouble removing the rear compartment box (I have removed screws and nuts) but it is still stuck at the rear door lock. Am I missing something?

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011
            • Adelaide, South Australia.

This might help.

Looks like 6 bolts per seat.

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• dragonjon
              • Feb 2018
              • sunshinecoast

? Has anyone here ever removed second row seats?
              Just me and the wife touring with the caravan soon?
              Want extra room
              Is it legal to do so ?

Comment

• pharb
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by dragonjon View Post
                ? Has anyone here ever removed second row seats?
                Just me and the wife touring with the caravan soon?
                Want extra room
                Is it legal to do so ?
                Check your states motoring authority's web page. Might have to search "removing seats".

Most allow "temporarily" removal of seats, however I have yet to see "temporarily" defined in any motoring regulations.

My interpretation of temporarily is it is the opposite of permanent, so if the seats can be easily refitted they are then only temporarily removed.

A lot of the regs around seat removal are more to do with the change of registration category of vehicle such as removing the seats out of a bus where it will no longer be classified as a bus if less than 9 seats and will be subject to different roadworthy, ADR standards.
                PCOV Member 1107.
                Daily driver NX GLX
                Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Mark1969
                  • May 2011
                  • Lara

Did you get them out?

Comment

• Swayzee
                    • Mar 2020
                    • Prachinburi\Thailand

Dear all.

I just bought a Pajero Sport 2020 in Thailand (I guess is quiet similar to AU but the Forum in Thailand is not usable for me because I cannot read Thai).

I also want to remove the 3rd row seats at my Pajero and the only article I found while I was searching days in the internet was this one here.

Can somebody tell me if there is anything else to do or only the 6 screws\nuts I found in one post here.

What is about the seat belt of the 3rd row. How I can remove those?

I would be nice if somebody can help me. Tomorrow I want to start remove the 3rd row.

Thanks
                    Patrick
                    Last edited by Swayzee; 27-03-20, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Bladerunner99
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by Swayzee View Post
                      Dear all.

I just bought a Pajero Sport 2020 in Thailand (I guess is quiet similar to AU but the Forum in Thailand is not usable for me because I cannot read Thai).

I also want to remove the 3rd row seats at my Pajero and the only article I found while I was searching days in the internet was this one here.

Can somebody tell me if there is anything else to do or only the 6 screws\nuts I found in one post here.

What is about the seat belt of the 3rd row. How I can remove those?

I would be nice if somebody can help me. Tomorrow I want to start remove the 3rd row.

Thanks
                      Patrick

Unbolt seats and unbolt seatbelt anchors too. Fasten belts securely to stop them flapping about and done!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X