• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

6G74 and 6G75 parts inter-compatibility

Hey guys. I'm just wondering what parts are different between the 3.5 and the 3.8L engines, along the lines of seals, timing belt, tensioner, all those sorts of parts?

Reason I ask is that I bought just about everything for 6G74 in my NL, and I'm now looking at throwing a 6G75 in it from out of a 380. I am assuming timing belt is a wee bit longer on the 75 engine, but I'm not sure about tensioner, seals and the like.

Appreciate any help

Thanks, Stu
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

For anyone else who may be looking for this info, I went through Rockauto catalogue and compared the 99 3.5l montero with a 2006 Eclipse 3.8l-first car I saw there with the 3.8l. Comparing parts like seals, timing belt etc. The only differences I could see were for front crank seals, with a newer and older offered for the 3.8l, and spark plugs with the 3.8l having a different heat range, I assume due to bit higher cylinder temps.

This is the best I could come up with, and was really hoping someone could chime in who has first hand knowledge of anything that isn't compatible between them

Comment

• gemster
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Gold Coast

The '380' 3.8 cam seals are 1mm bigger than the 3.5....
      As far as I know, the timing kit is the same....

I have a spread sheet here with part numbers and lots of other info if you want a copy....
      Something I have been putting together for quite some time..

Gemster....
      YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
      And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
      ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• disco stu
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2018
        • Wollongong

Thanks Gemster, that would be awesome! I'll shoot you a pm

Comment

• gemster
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2012
          • Gold Coast

Any questions about the spreadsheet, just ask as I can also speak Double Dutch sometimes, but I know what I mean..

Gemster.....
          YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...

Comment

• disco stu
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2018
            • Wollongong

Awesome, cheers

Comment

• gemster
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Gold Coast

Happy reading.... As I mentioned in the email, with the Aussie dollar plus expensive US postage you might be better buying in OZ at the moment...

Gemster....

Comment

• disco stu
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2018
                • Wollongong

I'm interested to know where you're getting parts if they come close to some of the prices I'm looking at in the US. Everywhere I've looked has been around double after conversion, or more like 4 times the price if you include all the little things I add on like a heap of filters because they are only a few $each etc. I would rather buy in aus, but I don't have money to throw away for lining the pockets of the importer

Comment

• [TUFFTR]
                  • Jun 2018
                  • Victoria

Amayama Trading Co. specializes in new genuine parts for used & import Japanese cars. Full warranty. Fast delivery. Very low prices. Request a quote online now.

About half as much as a dealer.
                  1993 Mitsubishi Magna/4L V6 DOHC 24v
                  1991 Mitsubishi Pajero High-Roof JDM Import/4D56T
                  2009 Mitsubishi Pajero NT VRX/3.2 DiD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X