Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 06-08-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam View Post
i have just installed an mmcs unit in my car , and the only way i can get the dvd player working while driving , is to have the gps plug disconnected
still trying to work out how to bypass this , with out having to disconnect the gps

Just wondering is there any way of making a switch to cut the signal from the gps aerial via a button or switch that way you could watch dvd's while moving and when you need the gps just switch it back on , just an idea
Yep thats exactly what I did.
Old 27-10-15

you need to put a switch into the gps signal so can bypass it when required and switch it back.

I cut the GPS cable and extended both ends of the main signal core to a switch under the dash
Old 28-11-15
Valued Member

Does this mean it's as simple as putting a switch in the GPS signal wire and MMCS will get full menu functions while driving if the switch is off, all without the need to install an over-ride kit
Old 05-12-15
Valued Member

dhula and sdd805, I really hope that you are right, however I think I read on someone's post that the park brake is involved. There are some really smart cookies on this forum, I cannot imagine them not posting about a switch if it was that easy.
2010 3.2 DiD Activ Pajero 5sp Manual. Bilstein and HD Lovells 50mm lift, Toyo Open Country II A/T, Diff breathers, SPV EGR Mod, Rear fog light mod, Exedy HD Clutch, Xforce 3" exhaust, MMCS ipod cable, Beat Sonic In-Motion MMCS over-ride, Electric brake controller, Lightforce 170 Striker spotlights, Cree broad beam light bar, Front bumper camera, Reversing camera system for trailer, Airtec Snorkel. Full set of Bushskinz bash plates, CTEK 250s.
Old 15-12-15

Default Any updates

Any new updates to this thread ? I sat and read all this thread and honestly believe the software "improvement option" would be the better option .

Btw , where do I find this GPS antennae cable without taking out the dash?

Koni Raid 90 series Lovells HD/ Koni Raid 88 Kings KCRR-35HDSP. Front & Rear ARB diff lockers/18inch CSA Jackals on Atturo Trail Blade MT 275/65/18. Full Bushkinz/SAFARI snorkel/ARB Deluxe Bar & Runva 11XP/GME TX4500S/
Piranha Dual Battery system /UL80-VO AGM battery/ Gista 160W Solar Panel/36 inch 480W LED Light bar/Kings Awning and Awning tent/9inch 185W Led/ LRA tank
Wants: a roof tent/ exhaust/drawers