Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 23-10-10

Default Aussie MMCS

I too would like to know if there is any progress.

ESPECIALLY with getting rid of that nag screen!

Marty, if you are reading this, how about really hassling MMA about it?

Regards
Doug
Old 29-11-10

Default Specifications of the loading file

I have come across the specs for the loading file, its general but may help.

http://www.kiwi-w.org/documents_eng.html

Chris
MY10 NT Exceed DiD, Front doors window tint by Rob Tait, Resource It MMCS override and IPOD kit. DIY Dual Battery, Piranha Tray for original battery, Projecta 150A Charging unit, All Rounder Deep Cycle 105AH.
Old 12-12-10

Default Car codes and accessories

I checked a lancer ASX and its vehicle ID is 3M45 and it has the full function menu for trip computer.
the Challenger XLS is 3M25 same as triton.

i made a DVD from the ASX (v16) and it works ok in the XLS. the MMcs still kept the vehicle ID even with the ASX DVD loaded.

The MMCS in the challenger restarts if you are using it on accessories and then start the engine. bringing up the i agree again!
Old 13-12-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sped12 View Post
The MMCS in the challenger restarts if you are using it on accessories and then start the engine. bringing up the i agree again!
Does the same in the Pajero.
On the way -
Planned -
Old 14-12-10

More MMCS service menu and detailed diagnostics information

http://www.adriantripp.com.au/mmcs/index.html
Old 20-12-10

I have had a good look at the loading file and read all the words but they dont have the startup screen message words or the diagnostic menu words in there. Has anyone come across them, my theory is that the loading file is just any changed memory functions and map information. I think the rest of the program like the menu blanking and the diagnostic code is pre loaded by a different disk or Eprom. Any one else come up with other ideas?
MY10 NT Exceed DiD, Front doors window tint by Rob Tait, Resource It MMCS override and IPOD kit. DIY Dual Battery, Piranha Tray for original battery, Projecta 150A Charging unit, All Rounder Deep Cycle 105AH.
Old 20-12-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris newman View Post
I have had a good look at the loading file and read all the words but they dont have the startup screen message words or the diagnostic menu words in there. Has anyone come across them, my theory is that the loading file is just any changed memory functions and map information. I think the rest of the program like the menu blanking and the diagnostic code is pre loaded by a different disk or Eprom. Any one else come up with other ideas?
The startup screen message "Make selections only when vehicle is stopped...etc" is in the LOADING.KWI file at 1015FBC.
Old 22-12-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo69 View Post
The startup screen message "Make selections only when vehicle is stopped...etc" is in the LOADING.KWI file at 1015FBC.
Sorry I stand corected, I was reading the dissasembler strings in a small window and it was hideing. I will spend some more time on it.

The string seems to start at 01015F78 "destination is within a congestion charge area.\r\nChange destination?Make selections .............

Thanks

cheers
Chris
Old 20-01-11

Just fitted the MMCS over ride (works great) and noticed two things, the video screen shuts down as soon as there is any movement in the vehicle, the menu system doesnt close until the speed reaches 4kmh. So there seems to be different treatment of these functions.
Also looking at the circuitry, the same video amp IC 713 feeds the RSES and inputs to the navigation system which seems to be the source of all non menu video feeds to the screen. As the RSES is supposed to display if moving, I suspect there may be some coding (hard or flash or soft?) in the in the navigation unit which lets the maps show but blocks the video amp input when moving.
Old 29-07-14

i have just installed an mmcs unit in my car , and the only way i can get the dvd player working while driving , is to have the gps plug disconnected
still trying to work out how to bypass this , with out having to disconnect the gps

Just wondering is there any way of making a switch to cut the signal from the gps aerial via a button or switch that way you could watch dvd's while moving and when you need the gps just switch it back on , just an idea

Last edited by liam; 30-07-14 at 10:10 PM.