Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 16-04-10

Gee it makes my head spin all this "pointers to tables of pointers to memory locations of text ....". You're doing a great job Nathan! Keep up the good work.

Grant
Old 03-05-10

Default A new fun game...

So you all want a fun game to play?

*Warning* I have no idea what the following may or may not do - so proceed at your own risk. I have theories... and will explain below.

Stage 1: Access the Error Log.
a. Turn the car to "ACC" and hit "Agree"
b. Press the Audio button, then Power to turn the audio off.
c. Enter the magic code 1-3-1-3-1-3-4-2 (top, bot, top, bot, top, bot, left, right)
d. You should now see the service menu. Select "Error Log" from the left.

Stage 2: About the Error Log screen
a. On the top left you will see the current memory location being displayed. On mine this seems to default to A 0 1 4 0 2 0 0.
b. To the right of this is three buttons (1, 2 and 4). Press these - they change the byte order being displayed (1 is the same format as loading.kwi, 4 is the complete reverse).
c. Next to those buttons is the X button thing. This is what I call the "goto" button. When you enter a new memory location, press this button to take you to that location.
d. Below the memory location are arrow buttons. You can use these to slowly change the memory location. (Then press the goto button).
e. On the far right are the page up/page down buttons.
f. At the bottom you will see "write" - you can safely press this button and the bottom of the screen will now have more buttons you can press.
g. Use the 0-9 and A-F buttons combined with the arrow buttons to change the memory locations. Don't forget the "goto" button once you have entered the memory location.
h. Try and avoid the Output and Output Charge button. These have something to do with modifying ROM/RAM. If you hit "Output", select RAM - if you really fluff something up at least disconnecting the battery should fix it.
i. Press the "Back" button to return to the full screen memory display.

Why is this important? First up we can confirm what things look like in the memory of the MMCS (I have already confirmed a couple of assumptions).

Next, we may be able to change RAM values on the fly to test theories - rather than having to burn a DVD and "flash" the system every time. I have yet to test, but we may also be able to monitor memory locations while the car is being driven. I will try a few tests of this tomorrow.

For example, if you page up to location A0140000 and select "1" as the byte ordering, you will see a whole bunch of dates on the right hand side. For example, mine showed 2010 0503 ???? - where the ???? are clearly times. Given that is the date today, the times appear to be UTC/GMT (a quick guess). So this may be some form of log information and may change while driving (guess what I will check tomorrow).

Enjoy...
Old 03-05-10

Post Script: I may have a potential solution that is very simple...

While searching for other information, I found that apparently the Eclipse units installed have a wire connecting to the park brake sensor. Apparently by grounding this wire, everything that is normally disabled during movement will become enabled.

Just do a search for: eclipse "parking brake" ground

I may try it when I have a movement... does anyone know where the connector from the MMCS to the park brake sits?
Old 03-05-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanNT View Post
Post Script: I may have a potential solution that is very simple...

While searching for other information, I found that apparently the Eclipse units installed have a wire connecting to the park brake sensor. Apparently by grounding this wire, everything that is normally disabled during movement will become enabled.

Just do a search for: eclipse "parking brake" ground

I may try it when I have a movement... does anyone know where the connector from the MMCS to the park brake sits?
I'm not sure its that simple, at least with the Kenwood MMCS, as you don't need the handbrake on to play DVDs. It may however explain why Keith's speed pulse generator does not enable you to play DVDs when moving but allows satnav programming etc. Perhaps to allow the playing DVDs on the move the MMCS looks for a low speed pulse AND some other indication of lack of motion such as handbrake on (or maybe from the GPS). You could test the handbrake theory simply by disabling the switch on the handbrake lever.
Old 06-05-10

After messing around trying all sorts of things, the "parking brake" trick does not work.

Another thing I was thinking was the dealers may have a special version of the DVD which can be loaded to override the defaults.

(My main motivation is not so much DVD in motion stuff, more the AUX input and the nag screen - I actually require the AUX video input enabled during forward motion to receive a signal from a wireless camera. Ironically it is far safer for me to have the AUX input rather than twist and turn in the drivers seat... so back to disecting the code).
Old 06-05-10

VERY GOOD NEWS...

So here is a clue... first, we have the Pajero NT ACC file:
00002250 cc 19 00 00 cc 1f 00 00 53 74 61 72 74 00 00 00 |........Start...|
00002260 52 65 53 74 61 72 74 00 48 64 64 53 74 6f 70 00 |ReStart.HddStop.|

Next we have the Toyota v5.1 ACC file:
00002200 53 74 61 72 74 00 00 00 52 65 53 74 61 72 74 00 |Start...ReStart.|
00002210 48 64 64 53 74 6f 70 00 4d 53 74 69 63 6b 53 74 |HddStop.MStickSt|

It turns out ALL the loading.kwi files I have got are all based on MIPS code, and there is virtually no difference between the code. Which means we can simply plug and play with different modules till we get what we want.

So, the theory is the Toyota v5.1 still had the "Override" option in the hidden service menus. Someone also was able to patch some earlier model Mitsubishi sat nav systems as well. All I need to do is find which module, what code was patched, and apply the same to the Pajero code... at least I think that will do...
Old 06-05-10

Good work dude! looking forward to the steps. I am happy to be a guinea pig! If you can also get fuel consumption working (like the manual states) i'll give you beer money!
Old 07-05-10

Quote:

....(My main motivation is not so much DVD in motion stuff, more the AUX input and the nag screen - I actually require the AUX video input enabled during forward motion to receive a signal from a wireless camera. Ironically it is far safer for me to have the AUX input rather than twist and turn in the drivers seat... so back to disecting the code).
Just be warned that you will need a PAL wireless camera, as despite the wiring diagram saying PAL or NTSC input the AUX input won't accept NTSC (at least not on my NT Activ). I couldn't find anywhere in the Satnav menus or the hidden menus to change this.
Old 07-05-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo69 View Post
Just be warned that you will need a PAL wireless camera, as despite the wiring diagram saying PAL or NTSC input the AUX input won't accept NTSC (at least not on my NT Activ). I couldn't find anywhere in the Satnav menus or the hidden menus to change this.
I had no problems... When you have an input connected to the AUX feed, touch the screen, select settings, and you can switch from PAL to NTSC.
Old 07-05-10

Quote:
I had no problems... When you have an input connected to the AUX feed, touch the screen, select settings, and you can switch from PAL to NTSC.
Thanks mate! Nothing in the manual of course.