• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grant084
    • Jul 2020
    • Brisbane

2006 ns swb lifted and new wheels/bigger tyres

First post!..... Thought I would share a few pics of my 2006 NS SWB
    I fitted the suspension lift on it myself last week.
    No additional weight in car, lift height has settled to about 45-50mm above standard height. Does ride a little rougher however more responsive with steering.

Front/rear shocks : KYB scorched4's NOTE: I have since removed these shocks and fitted an Ultima brand, as were too hard for the short wheel base, see post a few posts down for more info...

Front springs: King springs KCFR-34
    Rear springs: King springs KCRS-35

Also went from 17" factory alloys to 16" steely wheels as the SWB has smaller front brake calipers and can fit 16", and I like the smaller wheel look better...
    Also went up a sidewall profile from standard tyre diameter (approx 25mm bigger).
    The 16x8 +25 offset wheels bring the tyres out under the guards a bit more which i liked the look of, without excessively sticking out and attracting legal attention...
    The 26575r16 tyres fit, just had to unbolt the two small plastic lips at the front of each front guard as tyre gets close on full steering lock (looks better removed in my opinion anyway).

Wheels: CSA steel imitation beadlock 16x8" +25 offset
    Tyres: 265 75r16

Kept the original 17" alloy as a spare and fitted a 26570r17 tyre so the rolling diameter will match the new 16" tyres. The tyre fitted in my spare wheel carrier no issues as it's original offset...

More mods to come ��
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grant084; 20-11-20, 01:04 PM.
  • Two Emms
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2020
    • Mansfield, Vic

Welcome Grant084,

Very nice rig.
    2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• cruisn06
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2011
      • Perth WA

Lookin good mate
      07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

• Andythiing
        • May 2019
        • Adelaide Hills

Looks great
        SWB Pajero NT X diesel auto
        2 inch lift
        ARB bar and snorkel
        Bushskinz bashplates and sliders

Comment

• Kingmarz
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2016
          • South Island New Zealand

Welcome Grant

That’s a nice rig love that colour and wheels.
          02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• Grant084
            • Jul 2020
            • Brisbane

NOTE: The Pajero was riding very rough and felt every bump after this shock install!!
            I have since removed the KYB Scorched4 shocks as their valving was too hard for the short wheel base, apparently they are suited to long wheel base pajeros as they are heavier.

​​​​​​Took the Pajero back to the shock supplier who also designs shocks, he did some shock dyno testing where he compared 3 different shock brands. He actually recommended a cheaper ultima 4x4 brand shock as the valving isn't as heavy (hard).
            Car actually ride sweets now.

Comment

• Grant084
              • Jul 2020
              • Brisbane

And thanks all for the welcomes 👍 Loving the Pajero!

Comment

• pb4x2
                • May 2015
                • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Originally posted by Grant084 View Post
                NOTE: The Pajero was riding very rough and felt every bump after this shock install!!
                I have since removed the KYB Scorched4 shocks as their valving was too hard for the short wheel base, apparently they are suited to long wheel base pajeros as they are heavier.

​​​​​​Took the Pajero back to the shock supplier who also designs shocks, he did some shock dyno testing where he compared 3 different shock brands. He actually recommended a cheaper ultima 4x4 brand shock as the valving isn't as heavy (hard).
                Car actually ride sweets now.
                I have Ultima shock absorbers on three of my four vehicles and like me am sure you will get a good run out of them. Also like the look of your Pajero very neat and tidy look after it and it will look after you.
                2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• Jimmy Cee
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Melbourne

This looks the business. Wish I knew 16s fit before I went 17s on my NS shorty.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X