• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

About Fuel Manager installation

Hi, my Fuel Manager Kit (pre filter) arrived and plan to install it with my new Provent Kit this weekend. I watched several youtube videos about installing the FM and confused about the following:

Do I purge the air from the factory filter by:
    - pumping the button primer after all the hoses are installed? or
    - removing the hose from the outlet of the factory filter and pump the button primer until I see air free stream of diesel before attaching the hose to the FM?
    The instructions say the latter but the youtube I saw the installer did the former.
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

This is the what i do it for the factory fileter. Install the hoses. Prime run the engine at idle for a few minutes. Then prime again the button should remain hard to press.

I run it at idle because any air trapped in the system between the filter and the pump can potentially stall the engine. Allowing it to idle means it will stall in a save spot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• dreamerman
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
      This is the what i do it for the factory fileter. Install the hoses. Prime run the engine at idle for a few minutes. Then prime again the button should remain hard to press.

I run it at idle because any air trapped in the system between the filter and the pump can potentially stall the engine. Allowing it to idle means it will stall in a save spot.
      Thanks, do you mean while all hoses are installed then prime?
      03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• Boog
        • Jul 2018
        • Perth WA

second fuel filter

Did you ever find out dreamerman what to do ?
        2014 Pajero NX 3.2 DID

Comment

• dreamerman
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2009
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Boog View Post
          Did you ever find out dreamerman what to do ?
          I successfully installed fuel filter and catch can a few months ago. I do not exactly remember step by step but I do remember following instructions very carefully. Sorry.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X