• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

Help: Provent catch can installation

Hi, how do I drop the drain hose down to the between inner guard and wheel arch like in the youtube screenshot? I installed my catch-can exactly like in the second picture. I simply do not have a suitable line of sight from the engine bay to drop the drain tube. I am also afraid the tube might touch on something really hot. Help please?
    Attached Files
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

I ended up running mine under the air box.
    I dont have to get under the car to drain it. Normally the end of the hose rolls up and sits behind the headlight.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• dreamerman
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • Sydney

Thanks Seigried.
      03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• jkwpajero
        • Jun 2008
        • Young, NSW

I did exactly the same for my Provent. It is a bit fiddly to drain but that is not too much trouble for the benefits.

James
        2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• dreamerman
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2009
          • Sydney

I temporarily dropped the hose down and is currently tucked behind the metal sheet guard (stock bash plate?). I thought the hose will need to be vertical to drain oil?

Comment

• Seigried
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2016
            • brisbane

It will drain quicker if it goes strait down. On mine i spent a bit of time ensuring the hose is angled so the oil wont have to flow "uphill" when the car is on level ground. Nose down on my driveway also removes any concerns about lack of drainage.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X